5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mopar App Coupons

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone here in NJ, that knows of any dealers that honors the service coupons on the Mopar App? I'm in the Hudson County area.

I just paid $110 on an oil change yesterday (full syn) at Hudson Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in Jersey City. I found out they do NOT accept the coupons off the Mopar App. I was expecting to pay for the Premium Synthetic Oil Change for $145 for 3 oil changes, but didn't happen.

I also frequent the Poconos area (Mt. Pocono), so if any PA members in the area know any dealers that accept the Mopar app coupon?

Last edited:

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
I feel your pain. got my oil changed the other day ~$83 for full synthetic. they wouldn't honor the app coupon for 145 for 3 changes. they said the reason is because the coupon only covers 5 qts. I understood that and the coupon states the dealer may charge more per qt. anyways.... the dealer said they are waiting on an update to honor the coupons for cars with more than 5qts. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I feel your pain. got my oil changed the other day ~$83 for full synthetic. they wouldn't honor the app coupon for 145 for 3 changes. they said the reason is because the coupon only covers 5 qts. I understood that and the coupon states the dealer may charge more per qt. anyways.... the dealer said they are waiting on an update to honor the coupons for cars with more than 5qts. 🤦‍♂️🤷‍♂️
I wondered about that. Can't figure out why they would even put a 5 qt coupon on the Ram app

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer changed my oil last time for $39.99. I called a couple dealers and asked. When I got this price, I called again, got a second person, but the same price. No coupon needed.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
My dealer changed my oil last time for $39.99. I called a couple dealers and asked. When I got this price, I called again, got a second person, but the same price. No coupon needed.
I wonder how good the person before you's oil and oil filter are working on your truck :)

greenlawnracing

Reaction score
I’ve changed my own oil my entire life, but just used a coupon for $29.99 for synthetic, tire rotation + pick up and delivery! Talk about simple. Just got the same coupon, now it is $25. Best loss leader I’ve ever seen.

My wife used a $9.99 coupon for synthetic for her 4Runner. The extra quart was like $7, still cheaper than me doing it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’ve changed my own oil my entire life, but just used a coupon for $29.99 for synthetic, tire rotation + pick up and delivery! Talk about simple. Just got the same coupon, now it is $25. Best loss leader I’ve ever seen.

My wife used a $9.99 coupon for synthetic for her 4Runner. The extra quart was like $7, still cheaper than me doing it.
Those cheap oil changes aren't loss leaders, they put crap and sometimes even used oil in.
Some dealerships may be legit, but most just put whatever crap in bulk they can buy in, and you end up getting crap oil.
Assuming they even put the right and correct amount in.

I had to argue with the guy at the Ford dealership when they put the wrong oil in my Expedition years ago, I had to pull out the damn owners manual and show him because he was arguing until he was red in the face that it wasn't the incorrect oil. I made sure to stay nearby to make sure they didn't screw around, as the tech was just told to drain it and put a different one in and the tech said he was confused as he just put oil in it (the oil is on the cap also).

The Chevy dealership put the wrong oil in my new Silverado on the first oil change (it's on the cap also) and I had to go back the next day for them to drain and put the correct one in.

Bob.

Reaction score
I've been doing all my oil and filters all my life. I'm 60 now and got a deal for free oil changes for the trucks life ( for the original owner) so I'm letting the dealer do it. I'm worried they screw it up. These trucks are not cheap any more!

Users who are viewing this thread