5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mobile Jack Recos

Bobbybob

Reaction score
Put the Mopar lift on and bigger tires. Now need a jack that I can take off-road as well as on road that will accommodate. OEM jack is too short now and would not trust it in an off-road situation.

Thoughts on the best approach for this?

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The scissor jack is a good jack compared to the old style manual ones that you had to crank 300 times to lift the truck an inch.

I don't know how much you lifted the truck overall with your setup but on my last truck (Ford F-250) I had a scissor jack and a 4 ton hydraulic bottle jack that I carried with me. I also had 4x4 and 6x6 pieces of wood (each about 2' long) to use as an 'extension' to get the jack closer to the lift point.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
A lot of people carry hi lift, not sure if it will serve your purpose or not, assuming you have a lift point that you can use reliably

Bobbybob

Reaction score
A lot of people carry hi lift, not sure if it will serve your purpose or not, assuming you have a lift point that you can use reliably
I have a high lift that I used to rip up stumps before I had this truck. Lol. With that being said, these trucks don’t really have any good lift points on them for that, that I can see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/