5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing amp power boards deploy option...?

kmj.1

Reaction score
On my 19 Ram Longhorn there was a menu option to deploy the amp power steps when parked. This was handy when washing the truck. On my 20 Limited I can’t find this option. Does anyone have any info on this feature? Really need this.
TIA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
Wait the thread title says amp power boards. There is no deploy in the 12" system for Amp brand power boards. Only the Mopar boards and that is located where @DakotaRam mentioned.

kmj.1

Reaction score
They are the factory/oem power running boards. They are made for Mopar by Amp Research. Or so I thought.

Anyways, after resetting the 12” uConnect the feature showed up. Thanks!

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
While the factory boards are similar they are not made by Amp. Amp has openly said they do not make them. If you get a Ram with factory boards next to a Ram with Amp boards climb under them and look at the spacing between the electric motors and the frame dampeners and you can see the differences.

kmj.1

Reaction score
I didn’t know that! Thanks for the info. They came on the truck so I guess they are Mopar then. They say you learn something everyday and I just did! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread