5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mishimoto catch can

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I’ve recently just emptied my catch can for the second time. First time was around July or August, second time last night. The difference in the two was quite noticeable. From the first, the oil is espresso colored the second is like a coffee with 1 milk in it, almost like chocolate milk. Any ideas on the reason??? I’m thinking more condensation in the oil pan in the winter/ colder times. Checked my oil on the dip stick and it’s clear, opened the rad and it’s the red coolant, slightly murky but not brown. Any ideas?? Would really appreciate it. image.jpg

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
I think your analysis is spot on. I know the crud that comes out of mine at the end of winter looks a lot lighter in color than when I dump it at the end of summer.
Couldn’t imagine running these trucks without one, especially now that I see what would be burnt with the fuel. No wonder there’s carbon build up after 100,000 + km/ml and the catalytic converters.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with your oil pan, and yes it's water.

The catch can is catching crap, it's not just oil (water, fuel, etc).
This is perfectly normal.

RebelliousGt

Reaction score
It has nothing to do with your oil pan, and yes it's water.

The catch can is catching crap, it's not just oil (water, fuel, etc).
This is perfectly normal.
Well the vapors are from the oil pan/ crankcase so I just checked to make sure something funky wasn’t happening in there.

Users who are viewing this thread