5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mishimoto Catch Can Petcock Drain Location

Ramjack

Reaction score
The catch can helps keep the intake clean. My pinging has to be a lifter. Dealer being a **** replicated it but barely and said it’s normal. It’s not, but now I’m out of warranty. Owe well I guess. Hope it doesn’t nuke itself.
A lifter causing pinging? Is it actually "pinging" or a metal-on-metal situation, i.e. valvetrain clatter?

Last edited:

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think the link between pinging and catch can, is that the blow by can cause pinging but if you have a catch can which reduces the blow by then you get less pinging. Can google it, there is a lot of opinion on this.

I'm thinking about trying a catch can for this reason.

Ramjack

Reaction score
I think the link between pinging and catch can, is that the blow by can cause pinging but if you have a catch can which reduces the blow by then you get less pinging. Can google it, there is a lot of opinion on this.

I'm thinking about trying a catch can for this reason.
Hmmm . . . Blow-by itself is already addressed by the crankcase ventilation system. The (alleged) problem is that the ventilation system feeds oil and other contaminants back into the intake. The catch can captures this oil so it does not get burned in the engine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread