5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Midwest Firework Disliker

coldhammer

Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm a new to the forum, but not new Ram owner - in fact, technically I'm not a Ram owner right now at all. On August 16, my '21 Laramie (Bjorn) that was a year old, with less than 10k miles on it, got set on fire by a kid who had the world's most unlucky shot with a bottle rocket - I'll post pictures and a video perhaps later. As some of you most likely will know our fight with insurance was long and drawn out until we finally reached a settlement that we could agree on.

I decided to join because I've been using a lot of the forum posts to help me to decide what to do to replace the dearly departed Bjorn - and I deeply appreciate it. Just placed an order with MD on Wednesday for a build that I can't wait to see (but will be patient for, ha).

Looking forward to contributing where and as I can.

tom318

Reaction score
Welcome and I'm definitely interested in seeing some pictures. Crazy things happen I guess but glad you finally reached a settlement and got the new one on order!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out, from those pictures, what that bottle rocket hit that would've caught the engine compartment on fire

coldhammer

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out, from those pictures, what that bottle rocket hit that would've caught the engine compartment on fire
Not to sure - the only thing I thought about it is that your standard, smaller bottle rocket usually has a soft wood stick. That red one was a stronger plastic that withstood the heat from the fire - which was pretty intense. So figured it probably was a more powerful one. Smaller one may have been a bit of damage but salvageable.

coldhammer

Reaction score
Woah was about all I could muster at the time when I walked out of the gym to see it. We were warned multiple times as we came out but I thought “it wouldn’t be mine, nothing was wrong with it”. I didn’t factor in “kid with a firework”.

Users who are viewing this thread