5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mictuning triple tailgate light bar installed

KahneFan

Reaction score
Video of it in action:

I picked up a Mictuning triple tailgate light bar. It's a 2 piece system and these 5th Gens are already a pain to install solid bars on, so trying to install a 2 piece proved to be a challenge. And (my personal preference) I didn't want to have a light bar breaking up my all black Ram. So, I installed the bar (under) the actual tailgate. Turned out pretty cool. Pictures don't do justice to how it just "glows" and has a cool look. It doesn't cast the reverse lights as far as I might prefer, but it still does a decent job. I have a wiring harness on the way, which I will hook it to for reverse (instead of taping into the tails). For now, and even when I get the harness, I have it hooked to a switch inside so I can light it on demand.

Tip: if you do this install, just remember right is left and left is right (since the gate is upside down). This didn't get me, but figured I'd offer so someone else doesn't install backwards and blink left for right and right for left

Attachments

• 20220326_192529.jpg
    20220326_192529.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 40
  • 20220326_200919.jpg
    20220326_200919.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 39

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My only concern would be when you’re sweeping crap out of the bed - it will go down that crack between the bed and tailgate. Maybe add a seal?
Removing gate everytime you want to clean the bed would be a pain

Users who are viewing this thread