5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Michelin Defender LTX M/S 2 vs ?

gpbst3

Reaction score
Correction to tire name.

I will need new tires and I am leaning towards the Michelin Defender LTX M/S 2. Are there any other similar tires to consider? I don't off road and I'm looking for a general street tire with good snow performance. I have done AT tires in the past want to go back to something less aggressive.

Last edited:

Jmac509

Reaction score
I used the Michelin Defenders on my Chevy Colorado for years. They were great.

Oldphart

Reaction score
Got them on mine. Not the first time I've had them. Just about anything is better than the stock Bridgestones. I live in an area where it frequently rains and those stock tires seem to slip with the least amount of moisture on the road.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You should also look at the Continental Terrain Contact HT's. I have a set on my truck and they have been fantastic, I've got about 45K on them and they look like they can go another 20K. Thay have great wet traction. I've have ran a few sets of the Michelin's on previous trucks and they are also good tires usually a little more expensive, but they perform about the same.

Amazing93

Reaction score
These are great tires. Have them on the wife's wrangler. Wear like iron and awesome traction.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Used them for years including when I lived in CO mountains; great on snowpack, quiet and long lasting. Used on Grand Cherokee and RAM 1500. They test near or at the top on TireRack for similar tires.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Kumho HT51, absolutely underrated. I have sold many of these on Ram, Grand Cherokee, and other. 3 peak rated if that is at all a concern. My father has them on his 4th gen and his Subaru, he has no complaints. I convinced him to try them over the Michelin Defender

Users who are viewing this thread