5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mft cap replacement

rightushook

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I jumped off my tailgate while sitting on it and broke the plastic cap on the multi function tailgate. You can see one of the clips has broken and now the cap sticks up. I've been trying to find a part number for this piece and I'm not having any luck. It's the left side or 60 part of the 60/40 split.
Any help would be appreciated.

Respectfully, John

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I can find pretty much any other part for the MFT online but I haven't been able to find the caps. Have you been to the parts department at your dealership?

rightushook

Reaction score
I called this morning and dealer said it was 30 bucks for the drivers side one. I went ahead and got it. Parts guy said they're going to start stocking it as it's likely going to be a common issue. hopefully it's not terribly difficult to install.

I know now to be more careful, I don't believe it will be a huge issue on the areas other than the seam.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this. (y) I'll be more careful with mine from now on. I haven't had it this truck for very long, and have only sat on the tailgate once.

Just in case though, would you mind posting part numbers for these parts if you can?

Ram Ranch

Reaction score
Can you post a picture of what part we are talking about? I want to know what NOT to step/jump on.

rightushook

Reaction score
Yes I will when I get to the dealer tomorrow. He said it would be there by noon tomorrow.

And yep that's the correct part, I was sitting on the seam part and lifted myself up to jump off and my pants caught the edge by the seam and pulled it up and broke the tab holding it in. No big deal, I'd just watch when you go to get off.

rightushook

Reaction score
As promised,

PN: 68292637AB

Cost about 25 from the dealer and they had it overnighted for free. Did not know they were called spoilers.

pinzg35

Reaction score
As promised,

PN: 68292637AB

Cost about 25 from the dealer and they had it overnighted for free. Did not know they were called spoilers.
Needing to replace the right side spoiler. Did you have to take the tailgate inner panel off first or did the 'spoiler' just pop up and off?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread