5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Memory seats keep activating?

tom318

Reaction score
So I picked up my 2021 Laramie Ecodiesel 1 week ago and I absolutely love this thing but today while driving the memory seats kept trying to activate. I would constantly get a message that seats can’t be adjusted while in motion. Then when I pressed the 1, it said position 2 recalled. I pressed 2 and it also said position 2 recalled. Few hours later 1 and 2 worked as they should but as I shut off the engine and walked out, I saw it said position 1 recalled and I did not press the button. It was as if buttons were stuck but the buttons themselves feel fine. I had tints done on the front windows and this issue came up only a few hours after that. They said they didn’t remove the door panel. I’ve searched around but don’t see this exact issue. Any thoughts? I’ll bring it to the dealer if it’s not something stupid or simple. Is it possible to recall seat position with the FOB? Maybe it was pressed in some strange way?

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1st time i hear this issue, but since you said the problem is happen after you had windows tinted so i'm thinking maybe water could got into the module which could causing this issue, how long has it been since you had it tint?

tom318

Reaction score
1st time i hear this issue, but since you said the problem is happen after you had windows tinted so i'm thinking maybe water could got into the module which could causing this issue, how long has it been since you had it tint?
Issue came up yesterday evening and I had the tints done that morning. I didn't see the problem this morning so I'm hoping it sorted itself out or it did lightly get wet like you suggested. I have a 200 mile trip to do today some I hope it stays fine.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I picked up my 2021 Laramie Ecodiesel 1 week ago and I absolutely love this thing
Congrats. Is this your first Ecodiesel? I just bought a 2020 Limited and I'm also in love with it, as I was the '15 before it.

Users who are viewing this thread