5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MBRP Catback

Moe70

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is running the MBRP cat-back systems (S5152304 or S5152409) and if so looking for a little feed back. The price point is excellent just don't know if it's a case of you get what you pay for vs. like Borla or Magnaflow. If anyone has these systems does anyone have sound clips of exterior and interior.

Gipraw

Reaction score
I don’t have any experience with one on my Ram, but I ran one on my 2011 F150 with the 6.2L in it and loved it. Very well made, and sounded fantastic, volume comparable to the Borla ATAK, imo.

Jgbimle

Reaction score
I had the MBRP catback on my 2015 1500 with the 5.7L and really loved the tone. I was happy with the overall quality and plan to go with MBRP on my 2022 as well.

I had also tried Magnaflow, Carven, and a muffler delete in the past and sound wise preferred the MBRP for what I was going for.

Moe70

Reaction score
I had the MBRP catback on my 2015 1500 with the 5.7L and really loved the tone. I was happy with the overall quality and plan to go with MBRP on my 2022 as well.

I had also tried Magnaflow, Carven, and a muffler delete in the past and sound wise preferred the MBRP for what I was going for.
Thanks I had the MagnaFlow street series on my 2017, would you say it was as loud or louder than the MagnaFlow?

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
I am running the MBRP muffler on my 2019. Love it, sounds great. I still have the rear resonators out back. So i have this airy kind of mixed in with a deep burly note.. it's fairly quiet, cold start its fairly loud.... i'm really considering doing a B2 Fabrication delete on the rear resonators... just life keeps happening and those adult responsibilities. Only fear is pulling them and regretting it towing the car trailer.

Selcher

Reaction score
I've had MBRP systems on every truck except my new one. Can't say enough good about their product and customer service. I have the Borla S-Type now and it's deeper with a different rumble and definitely a bit quieter than MBRP. Like the above poster, it's more like the ATAK system.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
I've had MBRP systems on every truck except my new one. Can't say enough good about their product and customer service. I have the Borla S-Type now and it's deeper with a different rumble and definitely a bit quieter than MBRP. Like the above poster, it's more like the ATAK system.

I for sure think the Borla Attack is louder but I’ve only heard it on one truck and it’s been a while ago haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferraiolo1

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I had two bad mbrp systems on my Silverado. Poorly made slip joints.

My brother in law had his mbrp muffler come apart, but they did replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
Personally I have ran MBRP in over half of my Cummins trucks (one was a flopro and the other was a compound turbo set up and ran no muffler) and on a couple side by sides as well and Had no issues in 10+ Years.. I can say I had one part arrive damaged and they took care of it right away. I'm guessing that's a fluke you had possibly with them.

Jgbimle

Reaction score
Thanks I had the MagnaFlow street series on my 2017, would you say it was as loud or louder than the MagnaFlow?
My MBRP was louder than my Magnaflow, that’s why I ended up replacing the Magnaflow with the MBRP. I wanted something louder yet not as loud as when I had the muffler delete. The MBRP fell nicely between the two. You could definitely hear me coming but it wasn’t over the top and had really good tone. You could hear the muffler in the cab at the right RPMs but not to the point that it was difficult to have a convo with the passenger or that you had to crank up the radio to hear it.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
My MBRP was louder than my Magnaflow, that’s why I ended up replacing the Magnaflow with the MBRP. I wanted something louder yet not as loud as when I had the muffler delete. The MBRP fell nicely between the two. You could definitely hear me coming but it wasn’t over the top and had really good tone. You could hear the muffler in the cab at the right RPMs but not to the point that it was difficult to have a convo with the passenger or that you had to crank up the radio to hear it.
True, I'm still torn on pulling the rear resonators.. the airy bag sound kills the sound for me

teamroper60

Reaction score
I have the MBRP cut and clamp and still have the rear resonators. I really like the deep tone but wish it was a little louder at warm idle. I dont notice the airy sound but Im still on the fence about the resonator delete. If it will increase the sound at warm idle, without becoming obnoxious, I would definitely do it.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
I have the MBRP cut and clamp and still have the rear resonators. I really like the deep tone but wish it was a little louder at warm idle. I dont notice the airy sound but Im still on the fence about the resonator delete. If it will increase the sound at warm idle, without becoming obnoxious, I would definitely do it.
Sounds like that's what it does, will be louder at cold start as well.. I'll likely be doing it.. just have a few other irons in the fire at the moment sadly. And the airy bag sound most wont notice much.. I do and it's likely the resonators and the water drains that cause it.. I have a few fun cars... no resonators and non have the airy bag sound. And the clips i have heard with the Ram having the rear resonators they do not have it either. It's made it to my list of to do's though

Michael_D

Reaction score
Does anyone have direct experience with this cat-back and the Ram/Borla, or the Rebel GT?

I had the Ram/Borla on my 2019 and it was too loud for my preference, but the silence I get from my 2022 is killing me.....

This video is difficult to gauge loudness. I believe it is comparable to my 2019 with the Borla. Possibly a tad less, but I dunno....

BigSexy

Reaction score
I have a 2020 Ram 1500 with the MBRP Cat Back. I'm looking for a more aggressive sound and was thinking to go with the Borla Atak but it seems you think they are similar? Do you think the Borla Atak is louder and more aggressive?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread