5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

May have made some progress with Sirius Preview coming on at start up..

WilderJ

Reaction score
Made a follow up call to Sirius today on weather map not loading consistently and preview station running on start up...I was auto connected to a 360 L group in Canada. The operator told me that I should always be connected to that group going forward based on my acccount info. I was told that it appears that if you canceled a previous sirius account or have a special all access pricing after first year free it could be causing the issue
She temporarily canceled my special pricing and said it was recently discovered to be the problem for other users
My truck is at airport till Friday so maybe someone having the same problem could check it out

tjthomps5629

Reaction score
Made a follow up call to Sirius today on weather map not loading consistently and preview station running on start up...I was auto connected to a 360 L group in Canada. The operator told me that I should always be connected to that group going forward based on my acccount info. I was told that it appears that if you canceled a previous sirius account or have a special all access pricing after first year free it could be causing the issue
She temporarily canceled my special pricing and said it was recently discovered to be the problem for other users
My truck is at airport till Friday so maybe someone having the same problem could check it out
Very interesting, I have been noticing the same thing and sounds like what happened with my account transfer. I will call Sirius tomorrow and see if this helps my situation.

Big Red

Reaction score
Thanks for your post, I am in a similar situation. 3 weeks in to my ownership and channel #1 keeps coming up on powers about 50% of the time. I too fall under the one year free All Access subscription and nothing seems to fix it yet. I will have to call Sirius again and see if they can do the same for me.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We got our new truck from a broker Friday evening. I also had questions about activation of SiriusXM radio and UConnect/Sirius XM Guardian. I had created a Mopar account the evening I brought the truck home, but there was no association of the VIN with us.

Saturday morning, I was able to go through the menus and activate the radio trial, which also took the head unit out of dealer "Demo Mode". The radio no longer goes back to the preview channel. I added the Ram Truck's Radio to my existing SiriusXM Account so now I see the complimentary subscriptions and got a promo for year 2 after the complimentary radio subscription ends.

I was also able to configure SiriusXM Guardian in the vehicle for my email address and name that I used setting up my Mopar account. I was sent an email that had me setup a new account for SiriusXM Guardian (In addition to the one I had setup at https://www.mopar.com/en-us/sign-in.html ). I was also sent another email for "Confirmation of SiriusXM Guardian Activation". After completing the enrollment, I tested the UConnect door lock through the app last night and it works.

I would imagine some of this would have been done by the dealer if I had gone through a dealership. Perhaps those having issues didn't receive guidance from the dealer or the dealer didn't activate their SiriusXM complimentary subscription before receiving the vehicle?

seanph

Reaction score
WilderJ - Do you have a case number or something we can reference when calling SiriusXM? I spent an hour on the phone today and they stated there was nothing they could do, as it was waiting for an engineering fix.

Thanks in advance

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder why there's an "engineering fix" for this? I don't have this issue...ever. SiriusXM is always on the station I left it on when I shut down the truck.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
i too have the Sirius preview channel pop up after about 4 hours of the vehicle being off. i've called 6-7 times, have had a refresh radio signal sent 4-5 times. nothing Sirius does has solved the issue.

what i do now is on the steering wheel, tap center button of the left-hand control used to tune to the next preset station, and it goes to my first preset station.

NoRamForUconnect

Reaction score
Any update on this WilderJ?

Ortiz7983

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just don’t have the sports section showing anything. I called today. Said they reported it an they will call me in 8 business days after their engineers look into it. Everything else works fine.

sass

Reaction score
I just don’t have the sports section showing anything. I called today. Said they reported it an they will call me in 8 business days after their engineers look into it. Everything else works fine.

About a week ago, heading to work, my radio did a reset and came back on. Since then I have lost all... all the extra sport stations. I’ve called to Siriusxm and I cant even get a reset on my radio. I tried going through guardian and they just handed me back to a siriusxm rep. Both reps didn’t care and they kept confusing my all access pass on my radios. One guy got real rude to me when I pointed out his mistake. After that call I said f it And Will cancel if they can’t fix it.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I'll be. I'm now getting this behavior. Started last night. Seems to happen more often when tuned to a station that's not a preset. I don't think it's at all related to UConnect. SiriusXM makes me sad.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When it doesn't happen, I can hear the preview come on just briefly before going to the preset I left it on. Somebody made some really bad decisions about how SiriusXM functions. If a radio is associated to an account, the only reason the preview should come on is if the user tunes to it.

SRRouse

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue. My previous, active, siriusXM account, for my Tundra, used a different email address. I wonder if that is adding to the issue.

UnLimited

Reaction score
I’ve noticed that when you save your seat button 1 or 2, it seems to save the xm station as well. I noticed this by accident when I grabbed my other fob that I hadn’t used prior.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that when you save your seat button 1 or 2, it seems to save the xm station as well. I noticed this by accident when I grabbed my other fob that I hadn’t used prior.
Exhausting to say the least. Sirius customer service sucks. It's totally their issue and not a Uconnect thing.

Users who are viewing this thread