5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Market Seasonality

Scott_R

Reaction score
Scrolling though, I have not seen a similar question... Apologies if already asked.

For those buying/selling Travel Trailers, is there much seasonality in the market? For example, never buy in the Spring, because that is when everyone is buying, or Spring is the best time to buy because there is lots of product moving around...

If it matters for the feedback, I am thinking a gently used 20-26' foot trailer with an okay kitchen for 2 adults. Possible grand kids, however they can sleep in tents most nights.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In a typical year we are entering the off-season where lots of RV’s hit the market and it drives prices down.

As new unit shortages continue with fast rising MSRP’s ( up >20% since Spring). I think it’ll be hard to judge prices in this atypical off-season

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Late to the party here, but I'd bet there are a lot of people who bought "COVID campers" who found they didn't like RVing and put them up for sale.

netshadoe

Reaction score
Late to the party here, but I'd bet there are a lot of people who bought "COVID campers" who found they didn't like RVing and put them up for sale.
Depends if they can take the hit...a lot of them will be under water with their loans for the first couple of years.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We have an RV/fishhouse and do camping all year round with that. For that market it is the opposite. Now is the time when demand is high and in the spring and summer is when the demand is lower. As far as prices go they are just as bad if not worse then regular campers right now. The prices are insane.

Before Covid there were a couple units we were looking at. One of them was 34k and the other was around 52k. Now the same exact units are 45k and 65k. No changes to them that’s just how much the prices have gone up

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depends if they can take the hit...a lot of them will be under water with their loans for the first couple of years.
When we were in the market last year, our local Ram dealer actually got one in as part of a trade. It was a small Winnebago that we kind of liked. It looked brand new inside. Apparently, the guy bought it and took the wife to Cherokee, NC. She stayed one night and hated it. He brought it in and traded it and the truck in on a bigger truck.

netshadoe

Reaction score
When we were in the market last year, our local Ram dealer actually got one in as part of a trade. It was a small Winnebago that we kind of liked. It looked brand new inside. Apparently, the guy bought it and took the wife to Cherokee, NC. She stayed one night and hated it. He brought it in and traded it and the truck in on a bigger truck.
Lol! The market was excellent for used truck and trailers back then! :)

But if there were to be a theoretical surge of 'COVID campers', prices would drop due to competition, and the folks who bought a trailer this past summer are not going to get what they paid for and their loans will be under water. From what I've been seeing is there has been a slight reduction in used prices (not much...they're still way too expensive for used IMO), but the campers are 2-3 years old, and rarely under 2 yrs.

New entry level campers are ridiculous in cost...as much as or more than some entry level truck. No thank you!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread