5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mark Dodge Lot Vehicles

Satchamo

Reaction score
I’m going to be ready to pull the trigger on a bighorn 4x4 crew come July.

I’ve already had a few builds priced by Aaron at mark dodge and have been beyond happy with what I’ve seen. But I had a bit of a come to jesus moment a few weeks back and realized I really don’t want to pay over 40k for a truck. I can forgo a lot of the “luxuries”. I went and looked around a lot today and honestly I was drooling at them. I currently drive a rusted out Sierra.

So anyways I also realized I’m in no position to wait on an ordered truck in this market. I have gotten all the life I can out of my vehicle, worked my *** off to build a honey pot of a down payment and I’m going to be ready.

So the long and short of it is - are mark dodges lot prices as competitive as his build prices? Or do they have some more wiggle for negotiation? All signs point to they’re competitive and don’t need much negotiation. If so - do they ship nationwide? What is the cost involved?

I’ve reached out to my local dealer with Aaron’s price on a build a month ago and he was so far off I said screw them. I have 0 tolerance for sales tactics and BS so I’m willing to fly drive or have it shipped. Just curious to hear from anyone who has possibly bought off their lot?

This is one I’m looking at

Good questions. Congrats on the work to get into a new truck. Incentives are worse now than last month by about $500 (varies a little depending on trim), but you can still get 0% for 72 which is major. Current incentives end on the 19th, and I would expect new ones to be worse or the same as current.

Not sure about their lot truck prices being negotiable or not. You could just ask him (Aaron). Say you're also talking with a more local high volume dealer and wondering if he has any wiggle room.

Shipping from what others have said is about $1 per mile or a bit less.

I'm not sure what rebates you lose if taking the 0%. Last month you lost $750 (on Laramie and Limited, not sure about Big Horn), so it was a lot better deal to take the 0%. Aaron can help you figure that out.

The truck you're looking at is very nice. In this market, I'd jump at that truck and buy it tomorrow if it is the features and color you want. You could ask him if he has a Level 2 Big Horn coming in soon that you could put a deposit down on to reserve, should only cost about $1000 more.

You should also be able to go to truecar.com and get an additional $500 rebate if you can't wait 60 days to get $1000 by signing up for a PenFed credit union account. Just go in like you're configuring a RAM, then you'll get to a page like this (below).

1620621691706.png

Read this thread (below). You have the biggest part figured out in going with a good dealer. But this might save you a little more $$$. Don't forget the $250 Bonus Drive rebate after purchase (explained on link).

Last edited:
I bought from them without ordering. In Dec I got a lot off MSRP on a Limited. Check their website to see what prices they offer on the lot vehicles...I found that their advertised pricing was accurate and not a bunch of fake numbers like other dealerships. And Aaron was very straight forward with talking numbers... doesn’t seem like the type who is going to jerk your around. Like you’ve seen, their prices are very competitive and they are a volume dealer.

Keep in mind their inventory on the website may lag. The truck they had listed that I wanted had already sold.

They ship wherever you want it in the US I’d assume. I shipped mine to eastern NC and it cost $800. Aaron will arrange everything to have it shipped. We paid the shipping company directly. Had to wait a few days while Aaron found a shipper, but he eventually got one. I wasn’t in a rush so it was no problem.

We did the entire deal on the phone and via Zoom. Super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I also bought off the lot and paid $800 shipped to Orlando. I didn't even wait 2 hours from them putting the bid out, to them having a driver going through the next day. I got my truck the day after it was picked up. I finished the paperwork at 9pm on November 30th, Made arrangements for delivery on December 1st, the driver picked it up on the 2nd and delivered it by noon on the 3rd. No issues at all. I also paid the driver after vehicle inspection.

AxileAspen, sounds like you got a better deal on the delivery as mine was for 820 miles for $800 and yours is closer to 1000 miles for 800. I'm still not going to complain. That just shows that the shipping cost isn't always at $1/mile. Something to think about.

Thanks for all the info guys - I’m 800 miles or so from mark dodge so I’d assume I’d be in that 800 range as well.

I’m gonna keep an eye on the stock for a bighorn package 2. Really want those heated seats

I checked their site this weekend and they have a lot of Big Horns. I also noticed most were at $12k off MSRP. They don't have the package you want in their huge Big Horn inventory?

Thanks for all the info guys - I’m 800 miles or so from mark dodge so I’d assume I’d be in that 800 range as well.

I’m gonna keep an eye on the stock for a bighorn package 2. Really want those heated seats
Did you want 4x4 or 4x2?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back