5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Manufacturer Recall Number W33

Dflood

Reaction score
Apr 02,2020
Manufacturer Recall NumberW33
NHTSA Recall Number20V-191
Recall StatusRecall Incomplete
SummaryFMVSS 111, Rear Visibility, S6.2.4 Linger time requires that "The rearview image meeting the requirements of S6.2.1 and S6.2.2 shall not be displayed after the backing event has ended." S4. Definitions, "Backing event" is defined as "an amount of time which starts when the vehicle's direction selector is placed in reverse, and ends [...] when the vehicle forward motion reaches: [...] (c) a continuous duration of 10 seconds." In certain situations, the rearview image in suspect vehicles will linger until a drive cycle ends, which can be longer than 10 seconds.

Safety RiskIf the rearview image is displayed after the backing event has ended, a driver may be distracted by repeatedly and/or continuously shifting attention in attempt(s) to cancel the image which can cause a vehicle crash without prior warning.

RemedyFCA US will conduct a Voluntary Safety Recall to flash the suspect radios with updated software.

lifted67

Reaction score
My dealer currently won't even install the parts I am owed from the sale due to the pandemic, will I really be able to get this fixed in a timely manner?

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if they do this as a OTA update

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

KcRay

Reaction score
Got my email today as well. It will be coming OTA they say. Has not ever lingered, I'll just wait for OTA or next dealer service.

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is how it look after recall done.
84eedcc3f583b8bffbe8d5892dc52853.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread