5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Magnaflow exhaust just released for 3.0 diesel

Pwsiii

Reaction score

Reyemon

Reaction score
Who is going to be the brave soldier to buy it first and post a vid

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
About time!! Guys, I don’t know if I would spend the money. I don’t see it making much sound difference if at all. Or to actually remove restrictions. So many restrictions in front of that from emissions added parts kill the noise as it is.

Not trying to be a downer, just don’t want to see good money go to waste. And disappointed peeps. Again, I’m all for everyone doing what ever they choose to their own trucks.

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let’s see a YouTube on it first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
$653 for what amounts to a muffler delete that you can do at home for $12 bucks? Are you kidding me?

I'm a Magnaflow fan. But I wouldn't **** on this exhaust kit if it was on fire.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
$653 for what amounts to a muffler delete that you can do at home for $12 bucks? Are you kidding me?

I'm a Magnaflow fan. But I wouldn't **** on this exhaust kit if it was on fire.
Don’t hold back. Please tell us how you really feel... :p:p:p

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don’t hold back. Please tell us how you really feel... :p:p:p

Haha. Sorry. It just irritates me when companies blatantly rape people. I understand needing to make profits. But geez....

The thing about the EcoDiesel is you've got a turbo, then DPF, then a tube for the low pressure EGR, then SCR, then a butterfly valve to control backpressure. By the time you get to the point in the exhaust system where you can start changing anything, you're already at the rear axle. And at that point all that's left are those two tiny little mufflers that realistically are just resonators at that point. They do almost nothing. So, spending $653 to bump up the sound a fraction of a decibel and zero power gain is the least bang for the buck I've seen advertised in a long time. Magnaflow should be ashamed.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Same.
I love how quiet the diesel is and don't really want to hear it. I was waiting at the dump today and it was idling and I had to double check it was running, even with the windows down.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Haha. Sorry. It just irritates me when companies blatantly rape people. I understand needing to make profits. But geez....

The thing about the EcoDiesel is you've got a turbo, then DPF, then a tube for the low pressure EGR, then SCR, then a butterfly valve to control backpressure. By the time you get to the point in the exhaust system where you can start changing anything, you're already at the rear axle. And at that point all that's left are those two tiny little mufflers that realistically are just resonators at that point. They do almost nothing. So, spending $653 to bump up the sound a fraction of a decibel and zero power gain is the least bang for the buck I've seen advertised in a long time. Magnaflow should be ashamed.
I deleted my resonators some months ago just to see if any change in tone, absolutely zero change in the tone once removed, but hey, think of the weight savings I just gained :LOL:

Zoompastu

Reaction score
This is the first vehicle I’ve ever had that I would like to stay quiet.

Rhombus

Reaction score
I did a muffler delete on my old Jeep Liberty diesel. There was a little tone change, but nothing really in volume.

Users who are viewing this thread