5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lumenex led reverse lights

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has installed these and can provide a review? I tried the search function but didn't see anything about this plug and play solution.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Curious if anyone has installed these and can provide a review? I tried the search function but didn't see anything about this plug and play solution.

I assume you have the halogens in there now, correct? I replaced mine with another popular brand (Lasfit), and I found the same thing out that many others have - our Ram backup light design is severely lacking. They just don't provide enough useful light. I've kept my LEDs in but I will also be installing some auxiliary reverse lights as soon as my harness arrives. Here's wishing you luck with yours 😉

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I assume you have the halogens in there now, correct? I replaced mine with another popular brand (Lasfit), and I found the same thing out that many others have - our Ram backup light design is severely lacking. They just don't provide enough useful light. I've kept my LEDs in but I will also be installing some auxiliary reverse lights as soon as my harness arrives. Here's wishing you luck with yours 😉
Are the Lasfits adjustable? These say they can be moved to different angles to achieve the best lighting which might help. Seems there are reviews from ram owners who had success. Thanks for the heads up

HemiDude

Reaction score
Are the Lasfits adjustable? These say they can be moved to different angles to achieve the best lighting which might help. Seems there are reviews from ram owners who had success. Thanks for the heads up
I don't recall that the rear lights were adjustable, though they might be. Regardless they aren't as effective as I'd like, I wonder if it is due to their height on the vehicle

HemiDude

Reaction score
Which lasfits did you order ?
hard for me to buy anything considering apparently “ does not fit 2021 Ram “
1610060985717.png
Ordered them from
1610061056525.png
They were good with responding to questions I had

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Any video on installation ? I suck with wires and crap like that lol
No I didn’t find any .... super easy though if you have LED tail lights just have to grab a test light and figure out which wire is reverse and tap right into there . My brother has a 19 rebel led tail lights and I have a 19 big horn led tail lights , and I remember both our wires were a different color , other wise I would tell you which wire but I wouldn’t recommend that being both ours were different . If you have halogen tail lights install is even easier just + and ground off the reverse light wires .

RiverRocket

Reaction score

I installed the LP light mentioned above. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B081S91LFV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I live in Blaine north of you if you want to see it. It works well. I also did wheel well lights hooked up to my reverse lights so the entire truck is lit up for backing up at night with the 360 camera.

millerbjm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I installed the LP light mentioned above. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B081S91LFV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I live in Blaine north of you if you want to see it. It works well. I also did wheel well lights hooked up to my reverse lights so the entire truck is lit up for backing up at night with the 360 camera.
Appreciate the info and offer to show me your set-up but I don't want to mess with the factory appearance or deal with the trailer plug or wire splicing etc. Loomi g for a simple solution usin plug and play like these bulbs. Will report back of I ever decide to try them.

20nightEdition

Reaction score
I purchased the diesel leds reverse lights the OP is asking about. They are certainly better than the stock ones and they help with the tinted Windows. I have not had any issues with them.

I did install lasfit bulbs in my third brake light which have interfered with the key fob even after using alphaobd to reprogram . One also burned out already. I didn’t purchase from lasfit direct so they couldn’t really help me out ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNL67Volvo

Reaction score
Appreciate the info and offer to show me your set-up but I don't want to mess with the factory appearance or deal with the trailer plug or wire splicing etc. Loomi g for a simple solution usin plug and play like these bulbs. Will report back of I ever decide to try them.
Did you ever upgrade your reverse light situation?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
If you want something other then bulbs I would highly Recommend the VLeds license plate reverse light . For its size the light is insane I love it .

https://www.vleds.com/lp-reverse-72-w-5500k.html
Have they redesigned this? A bunch of us here tried them but had to return them due to them rubbing on the tailgate without modification.
After that, VLEDs then put a disclaimer on their site that they were not compatible with 2019+ RAMs. Just curious.

Thanks,

Nickv1214

Reaction score
Have they redesigned this? A bunch of us here tried them but had to return them due to them rubbing on the tailgate without modification.
After that, VLEDs then put a disclaimer on their site that they were not compatible with 2019+ RAMs. Just curious.

Thanks,
Not sure , I have one and haven’t had any issues at all .

Nickv1214

Reaction score

Thanks,
Also if mine were to rub , I would purchase a little piece of ppf, and apply it on the tailgate so if it ever did rub it only rubs on the clear not the actual paint .

Users who are viewing this thread