5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LT vs XL (or P) rated tires

Rogers23

Reaction score
Do you run LT tires if you go off-road much? I am in the market for new rubber and we do a bit of it and I am wondering if I should make the jump to the LT. I am not going hundreds of miles into the wild but definitely willing to hit a rough road or trail in the state/national parks that are more than couple miles long. I also tow a ~4500lb TT frequently and understand they are likely a better option for towing.

Thanks!

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
IMHO LT tires are pretty nice for on/off road . There are a lot of options too . I don't tow with mine but someone on here has and I'm sure they'll tell you their experience with them .

Raminit

Reaction score
Lt’s are stiff and I wish I could have something else but if you’re towing often the stability you’ll get from them is worth the sacrifice in comfort which is minimal imho

Rogers23

Reaction score
Kind of hard to find P-rated 34" tires. Any suggestions?
Ran into this as well, limited options at the larger sizes. I think the General Grabber and Falken wild peak had quite a few options. Dunno about 34sI. I'm putting some LT 275/70/R18 tires on this week and we'll see how it goes!

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nitto has the Terra grappler G2 in a 275/65/20 standard load rating, which is a 34” tire

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Hard to find 4 or 6 play larger than 275/60r20. If you tow heavy 10 ply might be your best bet for load range E. Sucks for mpg and ride, but your tires will hold better. Don’t wanna a blow out while towing.

Users who are viewing this thread