5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lower Temperature EcoDiesel Thermostat

oldsouth

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a source for a lower temperature late model EcoDiesel thermostat? I know Green Diesel has one but will not sell it to me. Looking for another source

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
By an older Jeep Cherokee 88c Theromstat ( GATES - 34059S ? ). It won't really make a dfference. what is ~10C going to do for you?

oldsouth

Reaction score
It will be going in a EcoDiesel engine. The thermostat is made into the housing. I don't think you can change the thermostat out of the housing.

Attachments

• 5261_ecodiesel_thermostat.jpg
    5261_ecodiesel_thermostat.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 15

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Unless you’re changing programming to adjust for the Tstat your performance will go down as your PCM will be constantly trying to add more fuel/rpm to get up to design operating temp. This may even throw a code long term. What are you trying to solve with the lower temp?

oldsouth

Reaction score
It would be going on a tuned truck. 208° just seems too high to me. Lower temperature usually means more power and more room before the engine gets really hot.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It would be going on a tuned truck. 208° just seems too high to me. Lower temperature usually means more power and more room before the engine gets really hot.
A regular gasoline engine that makes sense. In a diesel, it's not correct as diesel needs heat and compression to work correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online