5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lower Control Arm/Ball Joint replacement

RebelYell23

Reaction score
Hey guys, first time poster here. I have a 2019 Rebel with the bilstein shocks and upgraded UCA's. Brought the truck in for a tire rotation and oil change as done every 3k miles last week. This is a local shop owned by some excellent people who have helped me for years on different rams that I have had, and always have been fair with prices and work ACTUALLY needed. They told me that the ball joint had a decent amount of play on the passenger side front at 53,xxx miles amd needed replacing (quoted 800$). I went ahead and ordered some of the MevTech TTX control arms which came in shipped a few days ago for 420$

I work for a local municipality here in NH, and my town mechanic does a bunch of work on the cheap for me as a friend/great mechanic. Was just wondering if anyone has done these on any of the 5th gens yet, as after doing some research bit the bullet and bought the control arms after finding out the OEM lower balljoints are not replaceable. Overall, I just liked the idea of being able to keep them greased going forward, and being able to just replace the actual ball-joint down the road if need be.

He is a very capable mechanic, but I'm just wondering how hard of a job it truly is and what the steps are?

Thanks in advance!! And, glad to finally be a member of the 5th Gen Community.

raygun9

Reaction score
I had installed these on my 4th gen after all the LCA bushings had all frozen... great arm, PITA to swap out but I think the shop I had do mine was around 400.

Users who are viewing this thread