5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loud screeching noise from back of truck….fuel pump?

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Not sure how often it happens but I caught it three times now. It happens just a few minutes after a long drive with the ignition off. Sounds to me like it’s at the rear of the truck and likely the fuel pump. Pretty loud and lasts for only a few seconds. Not sure if it goes thru some type of purge cycle or if it’s even normal. Never heard this on any other RAM I owned before. Seems odd since I have no mechanical issues or electronic alerts. Anybody else experience this?

Snekpete

Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard it too. Not a screeching noise but a buzzing. After the truck is completely shut down and locked. Not necessarily a long drive but hot. Brrrgh from the back near the spare.

Dewey

Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard it too. Not a screeching noise but a buzzing. After the truck is completely shut down and locked. Not necessarily a long drive but hot. Brrrgh from the back near the spare.
Your right I guess it is more of a buzzing. Pretty pretty loud in a closed garage. Loud enough to say “what the heck was that?”

I realize these trucks make random electronic noises as things shut down well after ignition power is off but this one is unlike anything I ever heard before.

Last edited:

Fatherof3

Reaction score
Could it be the Auto Parking Brake you're hearing ? You can go through your UConnect to turn it off and then see if it does it after that then you'll know .

Dewey

Reaction score
Could it be the Auto Parking Brake you're hearing ? You can go through your UConnect to turn it off and then see if it does it after that then you'll know .
It’s been off

Fatherof3

Reaction score
Sorry I'm at a loss then . That's the only sound I hear from the back of mine .

Snekpete

Reaction score
302C00DB-0705-4BD4-9EBD-2EF392A27589.jpeg

I'm pretty sure this case refers to the diesel, but I suspect that the gasoline engines have a similar three minute window where the fuel pump can be activated after shutdown.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread