5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loud Clunk When Shifting From Park to Drive

Bw1332

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I recently bought my 2022 1500 Big Horn and have recently noticed that when the truck is cold and I shift from park to drive, the truck makes a loud clunking noise and jerks forward. I have auto park turned on and always let the brake engage fully before releasing. I took it to the dealer and got the "cannot replicate" schpeal. Here is a video of the sound
. Anyone else have this issue?

Sal731

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get a little bang once in a while. I haven’t givin it much thought. I work with heavy machinery and sometimes moving parts do make a little bang

Bw1332

Reaction score
I wasnt on much of a hill at all when I was parked. Even in persin if you didnt look at it closely youd think it was flat. And I have the parking brake set to engage whenever I put it in park. I always wait until it engages before releasing and I dont really feel the truck move, and it only does it when the truck is cold.

mysticbus

Reaction score
Id put a camera underneeth and see if the driveshaft moves/jerks when this happens

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
Could be something to do with how the brakes work on these trucks. I’ve noticed lately when sitting at a red light with the brakes applied my truck starts to creep up on its own and I have to add more pressure. Also the hill thing as mentioned, it’s super loud on a bit of a grade.

I LUV MY RAM

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I recently bought my 2022 1500 Big Horn and have recently noticed that when the truck is cold and I shift from park to drive, the truck makes a loud clunking noise and jerks forward. I have auto park turned on and always let the brake engage fully before releasing. I took it to the dealer and got the "cannot replicate" schpeal. Here is a video of the sound
. Anyone else have this issue?
Mine makes about loud 4-6 clunks between 80-90kmph. Dealer could not replicate. No codes but it sure scared me and my passengers.

Users who are viewing this thread