5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost Navigation cellular connection (I think), not sure what's going on with this.

LV426

Reaction score
Greetings all,

The navigation worked fine last week when I purchased this truck, all the services were still linked to the previous owner so I switched them over to me (what a fiasco) and it appears that the only thing not working now is the nav. The signal bars have "no" icon, and the mic is greyed out. Everything else is working (SiriusXM, Guardian, Travel link, ATT, Wifi, etc...) I tried disconnecting the battery for a reset, that didn't do much. Its really hard for me to comprehend that these 12" units have not soft rested built in but I cant find a solid solution unless I missed it. Not sure what's going on here, anyone else experience this?
InkedIMG_20210327_195028 nav edit_LI.jpg

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Go online and talk with RamChat and see what they have. Is there anything in the owners Manual?

LV426

Reaction score
Yeah, I cant find anything pertaining to this in the manual which honestly is vague to begin with. I always find more details online from others. It seems like Ram/Uconnect don't have the best reputation so I was trying to avoid them.

Last edited:

LV426

Reaction score
Okay, so it looks like others have had the same issue, I found several discussions from months ago that seem to just stop without further discussion... So I guess I'm SOL as there seems to be no fix to this, Wow.

LV426

Reaction score
Just to update this incase anyone comes here for info, the search came back mysteriously on its own. Cellular is back, mic is no longer greyed out.

Jgon371

Reaction score
I have that issue and it has not come back for the past 2 months. Did you disconnect the battery by any chance?

LV426

Reaction score
I did disconnect the battery for about 20 min. Only thing I noticed after that was the climate control was acting up, (no a/c, I was getting nervous honestly) but everything except the nav search ability came back eventually. I gave up and then noticed it was back about two days later. I believe it may have had something to do with changing the service over to me but I'm not 100% sure.

Users who are viewing this thread