5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost factory Navigation, Travel link features & part of Sirius XM display out of nowhere.

LV426

Reaction score
So today while driving into work I noticed there was no display for the satellite radio (the center section, current song, icon/image, etc...) Started to fiddle around and then noticed the Navigation was also completely gone and then the screen with the Travel link features is unresponsive (none of them open). I still have all of these services for another 4 years & didn't see any system update notifications either.

It's hard for me to accept that these issues just happen out of thin air, If i'm not activity screwing around with this system (modding, playing with the code, adding third party hardware) what are they doing or pushing to these radios that are causing these problems?

Please excuse the blurry pics, I'll update as I look more into it...

Attachments

• IMG_20210831_065217.jpg
    IMG_20210831_065217.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20210831_065224.jpg
    IMG_20210831_065224.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 18

BoDoP

Reaction score
Was your battery disconnected prior to this happening? If so those should return after a day or so.

LV426

Reaction score
No battery disconnect, but I am aware of the loss of certain functionally after a disconnect. Nothing out of the ordinary, just driving.
Only thing that has changed that is related to this radio is I did not renew the ridiculously overpriced "Guardian Services", But that was like two weeks ago now. Maybe they spitefully pushed a corrupt update because I told them the price for the service was crazy :LOL:...

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Push and hold the volume and tuner buttons until it reboots. If that doesn't work, then your Nav module is probably faulty and will need to be replaced.

LV426

Reaction score
Push and hold the volume and tuner buttons until it reboots. If that doesn't work, then your Nav module is probably faulty and will need to be replaced.
12" Uconnect does not have a button combo to reboot, only way is a battery disconnect. If someone disagrees, please post a link with video of someone actually accomplishing this... I've tried every which way to reboot this radio and it ain't happening. The second you push the volume button in it just it shuts off, no reboot is initialized (can confirm).
Not sure how the Nav module would cause the XM stations not to display and the Travel link feature to become unresponsive.

I have a feeling this is more of a SiriusXM issue at this point as its mixed in with the factory navigation (traffic updates), something screwed things up regardless...

LV426

Reaction score
I'd wait a day before panicking. They may have sent an update.
Yeah, as long as truck is drivable I dont panic. All is still under warranty but issues like this are disappointing as hell. If we had a road trip scheduled and I found the Nav & sat radio bugging out it would have really sucked...

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If it were me, I'd disconnect the battery to reset it and wait and see if things come back, if not I'd head over to the dealer. If the dealer was close, I'd just stop by there.

LV426

Reaction score
So this seems to have gone away by this morning... Not sure if the refresh from SiriusXM did anything or just giving it time to sort itself out. Very concerning considering the poor performance and reliability from this radio, add this to the long list of glitches.

Just to clarify, I did not resort to a battery disconnect, just a refresh signal request from SiriusXM & waiting.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Funny, my radio with the same s/w version does not glitch at all and has operated perfectly for the past year.

My two biggest complaints are the lack of speech to text for text messages and the old maps. Neither are bugs, they are
features" ;) I have an Android Auto wireless dongle coming this month and I hope it makes AA convenient enough to use.

Users who are viewing this thread