5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lost all sound out of UConnect!

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
Hi - oh boy ... on day 6 now ... 100% loss of all sound from radio. All media sources (AM, FM, Bluetooth, USB, Sirius) - no sound. No "beep" on touch screen (I have that option turned on). The Uconnect controls are all working - everything visually would tell you things are working - recognizes when I plug my phone in, all vehicle controls work...just no sound. I have checked multiple times I didn't do something stupid like turn on mute :)

Yesterday I disconnected the battery for several minutes, but to be fair I didn't set a timer so I'm not sure how long, but at least 5 minutes. When I reconnected and turned truck on, there was no indication of any reset - for example all my presets were still saved.

Everything was working fine, literally was between turning truck off and next morning starting and no sound... Anyone else run into this? It's just the 6 speaker 8.4 Uconnect system on a 2020 1500 Big Horn.

Thank you for any suggestions!

joelacary

Reaction score
I have the exact same situation going on. Started June 23rd 2023. 2019 bighorn.

Have disconnected battery overnight, removed fuses, tried every sort of reset. Nothing. Even disconnected/reconnected amp under driver's seat .

I can't get it to do a full reset.

Everything except volume works. Can't get an appointment at dealer for 3 weeks.

jeffjcalweb

Reaction score
Ok I have an update - I dropped my truck off Sunday. Yesterday service advisor called - it was a "software module that had locked up/frozen" - there is no Uconnect update to fix this particular issue - they were able to reset it (not sure what was done to reset it, a "soft reset" clearly doesn't do it). I had to pay $200 for diag fee since the 3 year 36k mile warrant is over ... I'm somewhat annoyed because clearly a "software module" that a customer can't fix by resetting the system seems ... less than ideal, but maybe it was a one time occurance.

Bottom line - if you are having this same issue where literally with out warning and any other indication of a problem, you just lose all sound, you may be having the same issue.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, do you have a completely stock sound system or did you add amps?

I ask because I had this issue pop up when I upgraded to the 12” uc4 radio from the 8. I have an lc7 feeding a 5 channel amp.

When I ran the program to add the features to my BCM, I lost all sound in my truck. I unplugged the lc7 and amp and tried the program again and everything worked as it should. I did some digging and mopar stereos will lock themselves if they don’t see the right resistance on the audio system. It’s to protect the radio I guess.

I resolved this by installing resistors on each channel. Again, not sure if you are running an amp or anything but your symptoms sound exactly like mine.

Knottfrank

Reaction score
Anyone have any other suggestions? This just happened to my 2021 Rebel

banditsc

Reaction score
Have you tried changing the source to like FM or AM via the button on the steering wheel? That is a known thing and happens to me every so often.

ya3coub

Reaction score
For me I just got used to it, using the buttons on the back of the steering wheel it will work by changing the source specially between am & FM then the rest will work back again.

if it doesn't it will work after you reach you destination on the next start.

Knottfrank

Reaction score
Unfortunately I've tried that button trick about a million times and no luck. Been reading on other threads... do you think the ANC module could be causing the issue?

Users who are viewing this thread