5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loss of audio

CenterFire

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new here and am looking for advice. I have a 2019 limited with the 19 speaker and have been having issues. Sometimes my audio stops working. I typically listen to Sirius and the sound will just stop. If I try to adjust the volume the slider will come up on screen but it doesn't change, the number is stuck at whatever level it was before this happened. I can switch to AM, FM, or play music from my phone and it still has no audio. I have noticed however if I'm running waze on my iphone the waze direction audio will still play. My phone is normally plugged in using Apple CarPlay. The only way i've found to restore audio is the shut the truck off and open the door so the system begins to power down. I need to wait 5-10 minutes before starting it back up. If I turn it back on too fast it will come back on with no audio. I've read some threads here about switching to AM and the sound comes back but that doesn't work for me.

In the month I've had the truck I've taken it to the dealer twice. They updated or flashed everything they could and it hasn't solved anything. They did find some mention to a similar problem that said a software update will be out by the end of the year to fix the issue. I'm about to open a STAR case on this to get the hardware replaced. I'm wondering if anybody else has had similar issues and if you've been able to solve them?

phenegar

Reaction score
I've had this happen twice when using Android Auto. The first time I turned off the truck, came back later and everything was okay.

The second time I unplug my phone which disconnected the Android Auto and immediately the volume started working correctly. Maybe give it a try next time and see what happens.

CenterFire

Reaction score
I've tried that for sure. I've even used my wifes phone and a different cable. Nothing helps.

bmarcurella

Reaction score
Yeah there seems to be an issue with Android Auto going around. I have been making a Thread that everyone can post on to say their Model/Packages/List of issues. This will help me develop an excel spreadsheet with the data to send up to FCA on all these issues and get a bulletin created. You can look at my thread and see what I have gone through in just the past few days. @CenterFire, try a soft reset and see if that helps. You can also try clearing your data/cache. If you have someone with an iPhone give that a shot also. The whole point is to get one thread going so we can put the data together and then import it into a spreadsheet or PowerBI so it is readable.

Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread