5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loose screw stuck behind flip up coin door in center console

aldrichf

Reaction score
Had a loose coin fall into the area behind/under the cover door to the coin storage in my 2019 1500 limited. Anyone know of a way to get to it so I can stop the racket the coin makes as it moves. No way to get my fingers anywhere near it.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
expanding foam.

(just kidding, don't do that).

Maybe one of those grabber-claw dealies from HF?

https://www.harborfreight.com/24-inch-2-in-1-pickup-tool-94162.html

or tried and true, vacuum with tiny nozzle end (used for detailing & keyboards and such) and you might be able to fish it out

*Edit* where exactly did this drop? in the Limited center console flip-door mechanism area? you may be needing to take that apart (I'm recalling the same problem in a few cars I've ridden in which have flip doors over their cupholders)

Another idea - double-stick tape (the thin type used for crafts) on a piece of thin cardboard (think cereal box or cardstock) - fish it in the slot - stick - pull

aldrichf

Reaction score
Thanks but zero room for those approaches. Was hoping someone would know how to remove the sliding component of the console so I could at least turn it upside down and shake un til it falls back out...

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I almost dropped a business card in the Limited slot a few months back and wondered how I'd get in there should this happen. Sorry, I have no ideas but looking forward to the answer for when it does happen.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks but zero room for those approaches. Was hoping someone would know how to remove the sliding component of the console so I could at least turn it upside down and shake un til it falls back out...

I swear I've seen a thread here where someone removed the center console - when asked 'how' the reply was, look for screws and start unscrewing - that said, I'm sure the thread is here somewhere; he installed his own helper bag system iirc with gauges in the center console, which he removed to make it all happen

though - there's got to be enough room for a piece of cardstock with thin 'scrapbooking' tape on it

aldrichf

Reaction score
I was hoping to remove the sliding part with the flip up door to the coin storage only. I felt some plastic pins when feeling underneath...also noticed that there were parts along the housing edge that might be removable but can't figure out how that might work and was afraid to start prying on my brand new console...it's so easy for this to happen - FCA needs to offer a remedy!

runamuck

Reaction score
I am curious about this myself as I accidentally slid a cd into the slit between the console and the cd player. it was night time and I was in traffic so I missed the cd slot. now the cd is down under the dash somewhere and I cant get it out without removing the console. I am hoping someone has pulled theirs and can share info about it.

rtgerrald

Reaction score
Any updates on this? Anyone with solutions? I also had a coin fall behind and below the flip cover in my longhorn. You can hear it move with every sharp turn.

Denny_J_Richard

Reaction score
I somehow got a 3/8" 7mm socket in mine. Every turn I take reminds where the socket is. I have no clue how to get it out, my wife has the truck at the dealer today to see if this can be resolved but I am hopeful they will show her how to do it herself for the next time it happens.

Denny_J_Richard

Reaction score
My wife just informed me that the techs at the dealer spent a bunch of time looking at drawings and eventually removed the socket. they charged her $50 (CAD).

I somehow got a 3/8" 7mm socket in mine. Every turn I take reminds where the socket is. I have no clue how to get it out, my wife has the truck at the dealer today to see if this can be resolved but I am hopeful they will show her how to do it herself for the next time it happens.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My wife just informed me that the techs at the dealer spent a bunch of time looking at drawings and eventually removed the socket. they charged her $50 (CAD).

That's one expensive 7mm socket. :ROFLMAO: If it was a snap-on I could see it being that much.:giggle:

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

But I'm guessing they didn't show her how they got to it?

Users who are viewing this thread