5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to upgrading sound system! I need help

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade every speaker in the truck and have them amplified along with adding a subwoofer below the rear seats and I have a few questions to go with it... in the past I had a 2016 Sierra and had a sound system but the door chimes, gps and some other functions that didn't have to do with the music were unbearable due to them being amplified and having an epicenter. Have any of you ram guys experienced that? I'm most importantly worried about the gps since I do use it a lot. I have a 2019 ram rebel with the alpine surround sound and the 8" screen... level 2 package I believe it's called.

Imp0ster

Reaction score
So the epicenter will give you lower bass from factory units and I do like the device but IMO it gives you false frequencies. If they weren't there in the first place then they're being construction outside of the original signal. The epicenter won't interfere with chimes or most dings unless it's adding a bunch of bass to it. I'd say stay away from the epicenter with the uconnect. a good amp and a good sub will give you a lot you're currently missing. The factory Alpine amp is good enough with the right speakers. I went 100% infinity reference for the textile tweeter and very high efficiency and it's very loud and clear. I'm waiting on a single 10" or 12" sub box option before I dink with that. From you're post I guess you're concerned with output so go look into fox acoustics. They make nice boxes for duals.

jlfkb2

Reaction score
Imposter - Did you replace all 4 door, dash corners and dash center with Infinity? What about the speakers in the back headliner? I have the alpine and I wish it got 15% louder. Crutchfield online says those 4ohm speakers actually may reduce overall loudness, but I'm not sure if that's a blanket warning.

Imp0ster

Reaction score
Imposter - Did you replace all 4 door, dash corners and dash center with Infinity? What about the speakers in the back headliner? I have the alpine and I wish it got 15% louder. Crutchfield online says those 4ohm speakers actually may reduce overall loudness, but I'm not sure if that's a blanket warning.

I replaced everything except the front doors. The front doors are not worth doing unless you plan on adding midbass 4x9s and amping them. The rears output full range sound. What will help is sound deadening. It will tighten up the 6x9s sound.

My volume increased noticeably. If you get the 6x9s make sure you get the 2ohm version of the infinities. Fair warning you can blow out the rear passengers with them if you turn it up too high but it sounds amazing up front

Users who are viewing this thread