5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking to hear exhaust systems - Houston/Katy TX

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Hey there everyone. I am looking to hear a few exhaust systems for the 19 ram.

Flowmaster outlaw
Pypes
S-type
Atak
Muffler delete

Please pm if you are available to meet up. Can speak through text following pm.

Thanks

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Bump before the weekend.

Preferably Katy area or downtown area.

hopVIP

Reaction score
I don't have any clips myself yet but have heard several that sound ok and a couple that are amazing. Personally I'll be getting a Carven cat back because I love the natural Hemi sound and those mufflers don't change it but emphasizes your engines natural great sound. Eliminating factory mufflers and resonators will remove the smothering of your engine then mufflers like Carven let it sound as it should. Check it out if you haven't already.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I don't have any clips myself yet but have heard several that sound ok and a couple that are amazing. Personally I'll be getting a Carven cat back because I love the natural Hemi sound and those mufflers don't change it but emphasizes your engines natural great sound. Eliminating factory mufflers and resonators will remove the smothering of your engine then mufflers like Carven let it sound as it should. Check it out if you haven't already.

Thanks for the reply. I have checked out the Carven exhaust, but see a lot say there is a ton of drone. I drive 60 miles round trip a day for work and about the same on most weekends around town. I do not want drone, but want a system that sounds good.

I have another thread that I am trying to discuss the possibility of removing the rear resonators and replacing with a single or dual Hemholtz resonator setup (J-Pipe essentially). I believe this could eliminate drone from any system on the highway...at that point it just comes down to the sound preference. I know with straight piping you get a lot of rasp and I would assume some if not a lot of drone at highway speeds right around the 2k RPM range. I can not remember the frequency of drone off the top of my head, but the Hemholtz essentially negates this tones using the exact opposite frequency.

I will be talking with Keith at BA Muffler today as he is very knowledgeable on Henholtz resonators and their use on Tundras and Raptors. Hoping he can point me in the right direction. His kits come with a bolt on Hemholtz...just drill a hole in the 3" piping and bolt on...or at least that's how the Tundra was.

hopVIP

Reaction score
From what I've heard with my experiences resonators help reduce drone and that's why I'm starting with just the muffler. I'll play around with different resonators if I need to.

Evoking1230

Reaction score
Damn just saw this. Was out in West Houston today. I have the B2 muffler delete. No drone, only in ECO mode but I temporarily disable it via gear selection 8/8. Sounds great. Even non car enthusiasts love the sound. A bit on the loud side but it’s a HEMI.

hopVIP

Reaction score
Those B2s sound amazing too. I'm actually shocked a larger muffler like that can work so well with the Hemis natural sound. It just makes what's already there even better just like what I've heard from Carven.

hopVIP

Reaction score
Also some of you may have done this or thought about it but straight pipes on these trucks actually probably sound the best. Maybe a little raspy and definitely very loud but it's true unleashed Hemi sound. I think something like a Carven or B2 to tame the beast just a little is just about perfect.

Evoking1230

Reaction score
Also some of you may have done this or thought about it but straight pipes on these trucks actually probably sound the best. Maybe a little raspy and definitely very loud but it's true unleashed Hemi sound. I think something like a Carven or B2 to tame the beast just a little is just about perfect.

B2 muffler delete with stock resonators. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT and as close to straight pipes as I’m getting. No rasp. Loud but let’s everyone know there's a HEMI under there.

19TXLimited

Reaction score
B2 muffler delete with stock resonators. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT and as close to straight pipes as I’m getting. No rasp. Loud but let’s everyone know there's a HEMI under there.

Where in Houston are you located? I'd love to hear the muffler delete in person. Right now I am looking into a custom exhaust from BA Muffler. Would be either a 16" or 12" muffler with a Helmholtz resonator added for keeping drone down. I would guess that the muffler delete has quite a bit of drone and more so once 4CYL kicks in? I am really trying to figure out whether I can get rid of all drone with a single Helmholtz resonator or if I will need one for V8 and one for 4CYL. We shall see if I go that route...my only problem with doing it is being the pioneer for a new muffler/system and not wanting to waste money. BA Mufflers systems are amazing on the Tundra and completely eliminate drone...but that 5.7 doesn't drop cylinders...on the other hand the Toyota 5.7 too Keith a lot of work to make sound as good as it did whereas I believe the HEMI will take less work.

Evoking1230

Reaction score
Where in Houston are you located? I'd love to hear the muffler delete in person. Right now I am looking into a custom exhaust from BA Muffler. Would be either a 16" or 12" muffler with a Helmholtz resonator added for keeping drone down. I would guess that the muffler delete has quite a bit of drone and more so once 4CYL kicks in? I am really trying to figure out whether I can get rid of all drone with a single Helmholtz resonator or if I will need one for V8 and one for 4CYL. We shall see if I go that route...my only problem with doing it is being the pioneer for a new muffler/system and not wanting to waste money. BA Mufflers systems are amazing on the Tundra and completely eliminate drone...but that 5.7 doesn't drop cylinders...on the other hand the Toyota 5.7 too Keith a lot of work to make sound as good as it did whereas I believe the HEMI will take less work.

im near Pasadena/Pearland.

The ECO mode is a PITA. I have something vibrating to the rear on cold start and if I press the go pedal a little bit on ECO mode it vibrates like hell. Maybe a heat shield. I need some free time to actually take a look.

In the 4 months I’ve had the muffler delete I actually think it’s gotten a bit louder :LOL:
The ANS really does quiet it down for us in the cabin.

Last edited:

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Calling anyone with the exhausts in my post that are able to allow me to take a listen. Still a bit away from pulling the trigger and further away since I don't know what any of them sound like in person other than B2 Fabs MF.

Evoking1230

Reaction score
Calling anyone with the exhausts in my post that are able to allow me to take a listen. Still a bit away from pulling the trigger and further away since I don't know what any of them sound like in person other than B2 Fabs MF.

B2 Fab Muffler Delete.
I’m in the Pasadena/Pearland area.
Let me know!!!

Users who are viewing this thread