5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for recommendations for a more advanced scan tool.

Whyjustwhy

Reaction score
I've decided to invest in a new scan tool that is much more feature rich than the very limited BlueDriver reader that I have. I would like to be able to do more advanced diagnostics and possibly even change some settings or at least have our mechanic do it. We have a small fleet of ram vehicles and some are getting well over 100,000 miles and are starting to have intermittent little problems. Some worse than others. What are your recommendations based on your own personal experiences. I would prefer to stay under $3000 for this investment.

Last edited:
I have had good luck with Launch scan tools. My last one was the Launch X431 ProS Mini. I now have this one: Launch X431 CRP919XBT It has the secure gateway software if you don't have a bypass cable you can pay the yearly subscription and still access all modules. Eric O from South Main Auto is test driving the new ICON T10 Scanner It looks like a really great scanner that comes with a service info subscription too. It is based on Launch architecture / software too.

Some folks love Autel MaxiSys scanners too. Lots of reviews on YouTube.

I have had good luck with Launch scan tools. My last one was the Launch X431 ProS Mini. I now have this one: Launch X431 CRP919XBT It has the secure gateway software if you don't have a bypass cable you can pay the yearly subscription and still access all modules. Eric O from South Main Auto is test driving the new ICON T10 Scanner It looks like a really great scanner that comes with a service info subscription too. It is based on Launch architecture / software too.

Some folks love Autel MaxiSys scanners too. Lots of reviews on YouTube.
I have been watching Eric`s content, he is pretty good and the ICON T10 looks interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back