5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking for part number for center stack w/ LKA

f_martinek

Reaction score
I've been looking through all the threads on adding ACC and LKA and I haven't been able to find the part number for a new center stack with the additional buttons on it and looking through parts diagrams hasn't helped either.

I'm looking for the center stack for a 2021 1500 Laramie (with wood grain trim if that makes a difference) with an 8.4" screen that has the LKA button on it. Current trim around the screen and buttons has a glossy finish which I would prefer. I don't really want to add the 12.1" display since I'd rather put that money towards a Comma3.

I want to buy everything at one time but the center stack is the only thing I can't track down, thanks in advance!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've been looking through all the threads on adding ACC and LKA and I haven't been able to find the part number for a new center stack with the additional buttons on it and looking through parts diagrams hasn't helped either.

I'm looking for the center stack for a 2021 1500 Laramie (with wood grain trim if that makes a difference) with an 8.4" screen that has the LKA button on it. Current trim around the screen and buttons has a glossy finish which I would prefer. I don't really want to add the 12.1" display since I'd rather put that money towards a Comma3.

I want to buy everything at one time but the center stack is the only thing I can't track down, thanks in advance!
It would have been better to post this question in that thread. Lots of people on there so there could have been somebody who can answer you a lot quicker. Also you don't need that button to add ACC, specially if you're adding a comma 3.

f_martinek

Reaction score
It would have been better to post this question in that thread. Lots of people on there so there could have been somebody who can answer you a lot quicker. Also you don't need that button to add ACC, specially if you're adding a comma 3.
Tried that already, it's been over 2 days with no reply to that thread.

Doesn't Comma3 need lane keep and ACC? Or will lane keep work with the Comma3 if I don't have the button for it?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Tried that already, it's been over 2 days with no reply to that thread.

Doesn't Comma3 need lane keep and ACC? Or will lane keep work with the Comma3 if I don't have the button for it?
LKAS doesn't care if you have the button or not. All of that function is controlled in the DASM. All the button does is turn it on and off. The comma will control LKAS through software. That's why people with 2023 and above vehicles can add it without ever switching out their screen. They don't even need a comma to do it.

f_martinek

Reaction score
LKAS doesn't care if you have the button or not. All of that function is controlled in the DASM. All the button does is turn it on and off. The comma will control LKAS through software. That's why people with 2023 and above vehicles can add it without ever switching out their screen. They don't even need a comma to do it.
Well this is some great news since the parts have gone up in price since the how-to guide was written (the HCU is about double from the prices I've found)

Users who are viewing this thread