5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looking at a possible trade for a PW, resale value on Rebel not good.

Pribilof

Reaction score
FWIW I got offered a similar deal last week. $39k for my Rebel (loaded, $61k sticker, $50k paid) and $12k off sticker for a loaded PW.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Shucks at the rate these trucks are going, trading doesn’t seem to be that great of an option.

John813

Reaction score
I traded in my Laramie post accident this year in May. Sticker was 48k, trade in was 35.5k.
Didn't feel too bad with that value with an accident on it's record.
Guess I traded it in at the right time.

Downytide

Reaction score
Unfortunately purchasing a vehicle is much like shopping at kohl's. MSRP pricing for your clothes was 349.00 but you only paid 122.00. Its stupid and I agree with you.

The Tundra that I traded off was a 2015 double cab 4*4. Had 65k miles. I got 22k for trade in. The title was mine and had been after the first year of ownership. I paid 33k. I really contemplated on keeping the truck for a few years more but I didnt want to keep losing value. I checked back at the dealer to see what their asking price was for it as I thought they would have put a price tag of around28 for it but they had it for 26,450. I was a bit surprised but taking into consideration it wasn't a crew cab is probably why. I couldn't even tell you what the sticker was on that truck now. I think it was 38k.

As you pointed out Ram inflates those MSRP numbers so you get that wonderful feeling of getting 10k off. Just as Kohl's does. Its probably why kohl's still in business. Its an excellent sales strategy. I make fun of it every time we go there.

AH, fellow thinker with similar logic.

Wife: "But you LITERATELY just got the car last year"
me: "yea, but if I keep LONGER it'll depreciate more! so I must trade it in NOW"
Wife: "you can if you promise to keep this one longer!"
me: "of course, this one has everything I wanted in THIS car but didn't have, and I lose less!"

14 months later....................

me: "man, I can't stand this car anymore......"

Users who are viewing this thread