5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Longhorn w/metal speaker grilles + black/new saddle interior?

wangstarr03

Reaction score
Hey everyone, my lease is coming up soon and barring any groundbreaking new releases (i.e. Sierra Denali with a MUCH upgraded interior + super cruise) my next truck will likely be another 1500 but this time in the Longhorn trim (currently have a Limited).

That said, I've been playing with the online configurator over the last several months and yes, I'm aware there are several instances of configurations that the website allows you to build but aren't actually orderable but I figured I would ask: at one point, you could get the black/new saddle interior on the Longhorn as part of the 10th anniversary package which came with those awesome metal speaker grilles (like in the Limited) but now, the 10th anniversary package shows "mountain brown" as the only available interior color with the anniversary package and is a little too monotone for my taste, not enough contrast.

Does anyone have a Longhorn 10th anniversary package with the 2-tone black/new saddle interior + the metal speaker grilles or know if this is a possible configuration?

My first choice would be another Limited + ORG + Night Package but that doesn't seem to be a real thing based on my research. Don't want an all black interior (unless it's part of the night package but ORG is non-negotiable), my current truck has the frost/indigo color and so I definitely want something different this next go around. I know, epitome of first world problems but thanks for any insight you guys are able to share!

Hey everyone, my lease is coming up soon and barring any groundbreaking new releases (i.e. Sierra Denali with a MUCH upgraded interior + super cruise) my next truck will likely be another 1500 but this time in the Longhorn trim (currently have a Limited).

That said, I've been playing with the online configurator over the last several months and yes, I'm aware there are several instances of configurations that the website allows you to build but aren't actually orderable but I figured I would ask: at one point, you could get the black/new saddle interior on the Longhorn as part of the 10th anniversary package which came with those awesome metal speaker grilles (like in the Limited) but now, the 10th anniversary package shows "mountain brown" as the only available interior color with the anniversary package and is a little too monotone for my taste, not enough contrast.

Does anyone have a Longhorn 10th anniversary package with the 2-tone black/new saddle interior + the metal speaker grilles or know if this is a possible configuration?

My first choice would be another Limited + ORG + Night Package but that doesn't seem to be a real thing based on my research. Don't want an all black interior (unless it's part of the night package but ORG is non-negotiable), my current truck has the frost/indigo color and so I definitely want something different this next go around. I know, epitome of first world problems but thanks for any insight you guys are able to share!
They did not end up actually doing the black and saddle with the 10th anniversary that's why I did not buy one last year. There were pictures posted online and everything but when I went to place the order it would not allow it and when my dealer checked with the inside sales rep they discovered that they had made a marketing mistake. The next day the black and new saddle interior photos with 10th anniversary were removed from the website

They did not end up actually doing the black and saddle with the 10th anniversary that's why I did not buy one last year. There were pictures posted online and everything but when I went to place the order it would not allow it and when my dealer checked with the inside sales rep they discovered that they had made a marketing mistake. The next day the black and new saddle interior photos with 10th anniversary were removed from the website
That's just lovely. Sounds very similar to the images/ability to build the elusive phantom Limited + ORG + Night Package which now you cannot do, anymore. Go figure; the two configurations in the only two trims I would consider aren't even a real thing. These are some big time marketing goofs IMO.

That's just lovely. Sounds very similar to the images/ability to build the elusive phantom Limited + ORG + Night Package which now you cannot do, anymore. Go figure; the two configurations in the only two trims I would consider aren't even a real thing. These are some big time marketing goofs IMO.
I can say that the new sea salt and Indigo interior is considerably different than the previous frost and Indigo. The marketing photographs of it on the Stellantis media website are awful but when I saw it in person at the auto show it was beautiful. I also played with the configurator quite a bit between Laramie, Limited, and Longhorn and you actually get the most equipment for the least amount of money on the Limited for some reason. At least that was the case for the equipment that I wanted.

Sent from my Note20 Ultra using Tapatalk

I can say that the new sea salt and Indigo interior is considerably different than the previous frost and Indigo. The marketing photographs of it on the Stellantis media website are awful but when I saw it in person at the auto show it was beautiful. I also played with the configurator quite a bit between Laramie, Limited, and Longhorn and you actually get the most equipment for the least amount of money on the Limited for some reason. At least that was the case for the equipment that I wanted.

Interesting take - I hadn't considered the 10th anniversary Limited simply bc based on the photos the "new" interior looks remarkably the same as the current frost/indigo but I guess I'll have to check it out in person once they either hit dealerships or the auto show comes back around to DC (January? I think).

I noticed what you mentioned, as well - a comparably equipped Longhorn, for example, with etorque HEMI, air suspension, pano roof + all the tech, etc specs out to several thousand more than a Limited. Odd to say the least.

Interesting take - I hadn't considered the 10th anniversary Limited simply bc based on the photos the "new" interior looks remarkably the same as the current frost/indigo but I guess I'll have to check it out in person once they either hit dealerships or the auto show comes back around to DC (January? I think).

I noticed what you mentioned, as well - a comparably equipped Longhorn, for example, with etorque HEMI, air suspension, pano roof + all the tech, etc specs out to several thousand more than a Limited. Odd to say the least.
The Indigo surfaces are nearly identical but the seasalt grey area is a true light grey as opposed to the creamy/off white in the other version. Also they broke up the lighter areas with some cloth blended in instead of the filigree leather. This carries over to the door panels as well. The suede headliner and A pillars makes it makes it seem much more luxurious. The quilted pattern in the center armrest cover, central dash cover, seat inserts, and door panels is also a different aesthetic. I posted a whole bunch of pictures in another thread somewhere in here I'll try to find it.

Last edited:
This might seem a little silly, but here's a bit more explanation between Limited Longhorn and Limited for me. As a farmboy I love the "cowboy Cadillac" aesthetic of the Longhorn with the black/new saddle interior. The real barnwood accents add to it. No offense to anyone who purchased the Longhorn 10th Anniversary but it's just way too much of pretty much the same shade of brown top to bottom in the interior. And a minor detail overall but one my geeky/OCD side picks on is the red needles on the gauges vs. blue on the Limited I like a lot better. And the cluster on the Limited looks like a fine watch during the daytime- it's truly on par with a luxury car. So other than the fact a loaded Limited is actually a few thousand LESS than a Longhorn optioned similarly I like the gauge cluster better too. Small details.....

This might seem a little silly, but here's a bit more explanation between Limited Longhorn and Limited for me. As a farmboy I love the "cowboy Cadillac" aesthetic of the Longhorn with the black/new saddle interior. The real barnwood accents add to it. No offense to anyone who purchased the Longhorn 10th Anniversary but it's just way too much of pretty much the same shade of brown top to bottom in the interior. And a minor detail overall but one my geeky/OCD side picks on is the red needles on the gauges vs. blue on the Limited I like a lot better. And the cluster on the Limited looks like a fine watch during the daytime- it's truly on par with a luxury car. So other than the fact a loaded Limited is actually a few thousand LESS than a Longhorn optioned similarly I like the gauge cluster better too. Small details.....

I agree 100% with you. The real barnwood and ”two tone” black/saddle interior is what drives me to the Longhorn. That mountain brown though, is just…too much brown. I need some contrast. That said, the Limited really does feel like a true luxury vehicle (I own one so obviously am bias) if only Ram would offer another interior color choice that’s more different than black or the indigo/frost/gray variants. And while I like the “pinstripe” wood look, again, something different would be nice. If only Ram would allow for the black/saddle interior + night package + off road group on the limited - I’d probably never buy another truck ever again. Oh, and as long as we’re dreaming, throw in the 392 hemi also. It‘s in the wrangler now as well as the grand wagoneer, why not the 1500? Seems like the perfect application for the 6.4.

I agree 100% with you. The real barnwood and ”two tone” black/saddle interior is what drives me to the Longhorn. That mountain brown though, is just…too much brown. I need some contrast. That said, the Limited really does feel like a true luxury vehicle (I own one so obviously am bias) if only Ram would offer another interior color choice that’s more different than black or the indigo/frost/gray variants. And while I like the “pinstripe” wood look, again, something different would be nice. If only Ram would allow for the black/saddle interior + night package + off road group on the limited - I’d probably never buy another truck ever again. Oh, and as long as we’re dreaming, throw in the 392 hemi also. It‘s in the wrangler now as well as the grand wagoneer, why not the 1500? Seems like the perfect application for the 6.4.
This! A Limited interior in the right color combo can be very, very nice. But the barn wood with black/saddle, 12" UConnect and "nickle/brass" accents is at least as striking...and suited me more in a "blue jeans and laptop" sort of way. I also preferred the classic bar grille and unique wheels of the Longhorn to the Limited, so it was an easy choice for me when sitting in both back to back.

Note: I'm a farm boy from Ohio, have lived in Fort Worth, Texas for many years, and work in the technology space...so I fully admit that my situation is unique ;)

This! A Limited interior in the right color combo can be very, very nice. But the barn wood with black/saddle, 12" UConnect and "nickle/brass" accents is at least as striking...and suited me more in a "blue jeans and laptop" sort of way. I also preferred the classic bar grille and unique wheels of the Longhorn to the Limited, so it was an easy choice for me when sitting in both back to back.

Note: I'm a farm boy from Ohio, have lived in Fort Worth, Texas for many years, and work in the technology space...so I fully admit that my situation is unique ;)
You're spot on. I, too prefer the bar grille in the Longhorn and the nickel/brass accents (vs straight aluminum in the Limited). It seems to me that it would make 100% sense for them to simply market the "Limited" in two forms: classic and Longhorn with the same pricing structure/options just with different "detail" choices in terms of interior colors, etc.

Sounds like there are many of us that cross shop the Limited and Longhorn but in their current iterations the Limited serves as better value (can a $70k+ truck offer "value"??) but they really should merge the two together and offer two separate, distinct Limited "themes".

I mean hell, they already changed the name from "Laramie" Longhorn to "Limited" Longhorn, anyway - but what do I/we know?

I mean hell, they already changed the name from "Laramie" Longhorn to "Limited" Longhorn, anyway - but what do I/we know?
I agreed with the decision to drop "Laramie", as the Longhorn has no resemblance to the Laramie. But I fail to understand why they bothered to add "Limited" to the name.

I'm also a fan of the black/new saddle interior, so I really wanted a Longhorn. But I'm not a fan of chrome, and I couldn't get one without at least a chrome grille. So I went with the Limited w/Night Edition.

I'm with you Speedy. Why not just call it a Longhorn?

I agreed with the decision to drop "Laramie", as the Longhorn has no resemblance to the Laramie. But I fail to understand why they bothered to add "Limited" to the name.
I suspect they finally realized the Longhorn is more "Limited" than "Laramie" (same grille shape, headlights, etc) and are trying to shift the perception more towards being a top tier trim (even though we all pretty much view it as that, already). When comparably equipped the Longhorn is actually several thousand more than the Limited which a) bothers me but b) also boggles my mind quite a bit.

I do agree, though - doesn't make sense to call it a Limited Longhorn unless you're going to price/package it as such, if not just call it the Longhorn. I'm curious if we see this same kind of overlap/disambiguation between the F150 King Ranch/Platinum?

I do agree, though - doesn't make sense to call it a Limited Longhorn unless you're going to price/package it as such, if not just call it the Longhorn. I'm curious if we see this same kind of overlap/disambiguation between the F150 King Ranch/Platinum?
Ford does a better job with this, in my opinion. The F-150 King Ranch and Platinum are two high-optioned trucks that have very different styling cues (chrome vs. satin, country vs. minimal, different wheels, grilles, etc.). But neither of those trims is the equivalent of the F-150 Limited, which offers a number of unique features (and a unique engine). They don't "mix" the trim names together.

With Ram, there's nothing you can get on a Limited that can't be had on a Longhorn. A Longhorn easily outclasses a King Ranch when fully-equipped. But you can choose to equip a Longhorn with fewer features than a Limited, in which case it's closer to a highly-optioned Laramie and competes more directly with a King Ranch.

With Ram, there's nothing you can get on a Limited that can't be had on a Longhorn. A Longhorn easily outclasses a King Ranch when fully-equipped. But you can choose to equip a Longhorn with fewer features than a Limited, in which case it's closer to a highly-optioned Laramie and competes more directly with a King Ranch.
It may not be a big deal for a lot of you guys, but you can't get the Night Edition in a Longhorn. For me that was the deciding factor.

Ah you guys can have the black and tan interiors, I'll be basking in all of my brown glory! Haha, well I did have the black and tan on my last longhorn and really enjoyed that as well, but I love the 10th anniversary longhorn interior. Glad they did suede/leather as opposed to the cloth/leather of the limited 10th package, that seems a little odd to me. Otherwise I really like that interior on the limited. I'm over black interiors, have had enough of those probably for at least a couple of decades, but I do prefer the night edition on the limiteds so that creates a problem for me with limiteds. That and the required air suspension pushes me over to the longhorn. Would love a color matched version to be offered on the longhorn to take down some of the chrome, but I'm living with it and calling it my old man truck as I did with my prior longhorn.

So far anyone who has seen my interior in person has been blown away, but they may just be afraid of me :D ...in the end all of the interiors are extremely nice and I'm just happy to have some options rather than the standard black interior for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back