5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Longhorn needed some chrome wheels

1guyandtools

Reaction score
I love the truck other than the stock polished wheels with painted gray inserts on a black truck. I thought that chrome wheels would look much better and so I finally pulled the pin and put on 22" OE creations PR176 and Michelin defender LTX M/S
I did take the picture with the suspension in entry mode. 20190703_213152.jpg

tdager

Reaction score
Sharp, I like black and chrome. Each to his own but I do not understand the current range of "black out everything", I think the highlights of chrome and the black (or gray in my case) really set off the truck. (y)

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looks good, its a tasteful amount of black and chrome. As a side note, why are the tow hooks missing?

1guyandtools

Reaction score
Looks good, its a tasteful amount of black and chrome. As a side note, why are the tow hooks missing?
Its funny you ask. Before I put on the wheels I thought the hooks were to much chrome with the polished wheels, so I took them off. Now the wheels are on I think they might look ok and I have been contemplating putting them back on.

1guyandtools

Reaction score
Thanks, you too. My buddy gave me a hard time about the wheels. they are almost identical to the wheels he has on his Denali. I told him that's fine, Take the best part of a GM truck ( the wheels ) and the best part of a Ram ( The truck ) and you have the best of both worlds. He didn't like that one but I giggle every time I see his truck

1guyandtools

Reaction score
Sharp, I like black and chrome. Each to his own but I do not understand the current range of "black out everything", I think the highlights of chrome and the black (or gray in my case) really set off the truck. (y)
Thanks

ppowell1983

Reaction score
I love the truck other than the stock polished wheels with painted gray inserts on a black truck. I thought that chrome wheels would look much better and so I finally pulled the pin and put on 22" OE creations PR176 and Michelin defender LTX M/S
I did take the picture with the suspension in entry mode. View attachment 31241
I really like those wheels. I completely agreed with you on the stock wheels. I couldn't find a set that I liked and I got a good deal on a set of 20" wheels. Do you have a link to these? 32509

1guyandtools

Reaction score
I really like those wheels. I completely agreed with you on the stock wheels. I couldn't find a set that I liked and I got a good deal on a set of 20" wheels. Do you have a link to these? View attachment 32509
Nice! I will have to admit the a 20 wheel does ride better than a 22. I did not think a 2 inch difference in the side wall would matter, It does. I am going to run the stock wheels in the winter. I like your wheels and tires.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
Nice! I will have to admit the a 20 wheel does ride better than a 22. I did not think a 2 inch difference in the side wall would matter, It does. I am going to run the stock wheels in the winter. I like your wheels and tires.
Thank you very much, I can't believe the ride difference between the 22" and the 20" wheels. I bought the 20" wheels for my winter wheels but I am truly loving the ride of the 20" wheels and I might not ever put the 22" wheels back on.

Users who are viewing this thread