5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Longer shocks with level or lift?

gtarzan

Reaction score
To all of you who have leveled or lifted your 5G Ram.
I have a 2021 Laramie without air suspension and with factory 22” wheels. I want will likely change to 20” wheels and 35” tires when I lift the truck. I plan to do a 2.5” leveling kit with new control arms. I pull a bay boat, sometimes long distances. I don’t want the back end squatted when I tow. I am thinking of raising the back 2” which would keep some rake and account for the tongue weight of the boat trailer. My question is this: do you always replace your shocks at all four corners with those that are 2 inches longer to account for the lift?

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Depending on how you level the front, you may not have to replace the shocks, like a top of the tower puck …. Bils in the front is the best way to level …. If you tow, and plan to bump the rear by 2” as well, then the Dobinson 2” extra load springs, and Bil 5100 rears would be a good idea …. I am also going to do the Hellwig sway and Core links in the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtarzan

Reaction score
I had bils 5100 on my last Silverado. Didn’t like the ride at all. Changed to Eibach pro truck lift and had a much nicer on road ride. I am going to research for a while before I pull the trigger on the lift, wheels and tires. I just now that with lift blocks in the back of the Silverado, I needed shocks that were 2” longer or I had to use those brackets on the bottom shock mount. I opted for the longer shock.
This is my first Ram. The coil spring and multi link rear suspension is new to me. I don’t necessarily want to ruin the comfort of the ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/