5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Locking/Latching Rear seat in 'up' position

Stjohn909

Reaction score
I know I should probably go over the manual for this stuff, but I'd like to know: Is it possible to lock the lifting rear seats in the up position? You can lift them up to make room for cargo, which is great, but to put them down, you just pull on them. My concern is that in a hard brake or front impact, the seat will come down from its lifted-up position and crush the dog.

Obviously it's best to let the dog ride on the back seat, but with the seat up, there's enough room back there on the floor for her whole bed.

Thanks!

gHiDoRa

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I know I should probably go over the manual for this stuff, but I'd like to know: Is it possible to lock the lifting rear seats in the up position? You can lift them up to make room for cargo, which is great, but to put them down, you just pull on them. My concern is that in a hard brake or front impact, the seat will come down from its lifted-up position and crush the dog.

Obviously it's best to let the dog ride on the back seat, but with the seat up, there's enough room back there on the floor for her whole bed.

Thanks!

I understand your concern but in case of a hard brake or front impact your dog will not under rear seat when it happen, he/she will push forward to the back your front seat so when/if rear seat come down it will not crush your dog.

Last edited:

Tex_Ram

Reaction score
I drive with my rear seats up 99% of the time and have never had them unhook and come down.. Off-road, On-Road, Hard Braking etc.. they seem to have a little bit of a "lock" when they are in the up position.

eFlick

Reaction score
I have the same question but for different reasons. Today I had a Costco load of groceries in the back. Too hot for the frozen stuff to be in the bed. Anyway I had a hard break and the seat flopped down crushing my bread and a few other things I had on top. It would be nice if it latched in the up position. Is there something that can be tightened so it’s harder to flip it?

Rsorrell2

Reaction score
On page 40 of the manual it states
PLASTIC GROCERY BAG RETAINERS
Retainer hooks which will hold plastic grocery bag handles are attached to the underside of the rear seat. To access these hooks, flip the rear seat bottom upward.

so it would make sense that they should stay flipped up. But that makes an assumption

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bungee cord? Duct tape? If I really wanted to make sure the seats stayed up I'd get creative on my own. I haven't had my seats drop down on their own, but I don't have them up very often.

Users who are viewing this thread