5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lock’er down

Schooly

Reaction score
Anyone have photos of a console safe in the new 2019 Ram? Lock’er Down lists a model but no photos of install and how it works with remaining storage

cjmst23

Reaction score
I actually have the first one they shipped out. It does not appear to be low enough to allow for the console to slide the whole way back....for me that's a DEAL BREAKER. I also let them know that would be a deal breaker for all of us. I talked with them on Friday and they are reviewing the sizing.

I did not cut and remove the rubber mat at the bottom of the bin just because even though that buys me another 1/4" I think the interference is greater than that and don't want to destroy the mat until I'm certain of the fit.

Now...with that said, I hope they work it out, because the safe is really well made and is super sturdy. It also has a full top door, unlike the Mopar which has a smaller opening. They definitely put care and pride into their work so I am very hopeful. IMG_20181109_130316076.jpg IMG_20181109_130328254.jpg IMG_20181109_130802382.jpg

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it does not fit...

So, no bottom? How does it attach?

cjmst23

Reaction score
The front lip wraps around for about 3 inches on the bottom.... Just hard to see in the picture. 2 screws down and a couple though the sides

jamesfg

Reaction score
I wish Console Vault would get off their backside and release their safe for our trucks. They told me right after SEMA and well.......still waiting.

kwang

Reaction score
Is it because of the electronic lock adding extra height to the safe? If option with the Abloy lock would it clear the console to slide back?

I actually have the first one they shipped out. It does not appear to be low enough to allow for the console to slide the whole way back....for me that's a DEAL BREAKER. I also let them know that would be a deal breaker for all of us. I talked with them on Friday and they are reviewing the sizing.

I did not cut and remove the rubber mat at the bottom of the bin just because even though that buys me another 1/4" I think the interference is greater than that and don't want to destroy the mat until I'm certain of the fit.

Now...with that said, I hope they work it out, because the safe is really well made and is super sturdy. It also has a full top door, unlike the Mopar which has a smaller opening. They definitely put care and pride into their work so I am very hopeful. View attachment 8036 View attachment 8034 View attachment 8035
P

cjmst23

Reaction score
Is it because of the electronic lock adding extra height to the safe? If option with the Abloy lock would it clear the console to slide back?

P
It appears that any lock will interfere with the console sliding back. The top of the vault is right at the fill line.

cjmst23

Reaction score
Yep, don't give up all hope yet. I've decided to go ahead and remove the plastic tabs for the flip up wall and cut the rubber pad.... Since I'm definitely putting a safe in there eventually.

This will allow me to get 100% clear view of how the safe fits and how much interference this actually is.

From there, I'll work with Steve at LD and see what's what.

And yes, I'll post pics and info.

TurdFerguson

Reaction score
Hey. brightside.. Maybe if we don't care if the console slides all the way back we can get these on the cheap :D

cjmst23

Reaction score
So...GREAT NEWS!!!

They accedently sent me the earlier prototype. The ones in production are lower and clear the console.

We're back in business. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
So...GREAT NEWS!!!

They accedently sent me the earlier prototype. The ones in production are lower and clear the console.

We're back in business. Should be here in a couple of weeks.
CJ, I know it's been a while. Did you ever get the replacement unit?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Noticed your pics are the actual pics on the Locker Down website!

cjmst23

Reaction score
Noticed your pics are the actual pics on the Locker Down website!
Wow... Nice.
yes, since I was the guinea pig on the first go round, they sent me the prototype to test fit since they didn't have a Limited/Longhorn. I reciprocated with pics.

Users who are viewing this thread