5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Load Support Products

What load support products do you use?

• SumoSprings

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Timbrens

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Airbags

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Nothing

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

upwindstorm

Reaction score
The Air Ride is sufficient for me since it levels even when I am 1000-1200 Lbs over my payload yellow sticker. It quits trying on my truck around 2500Lbs
this makes me feel better. I went 700# over payload once and was nervous about breaking sh*t lol :ROFLMAO:

jvcnova73

Reaction score
I just checked out the Timber Grove product page. Have to admit they inspire zero confidence when they write very bizarre things like this:

What are they smoking.
I just added the timber grove bags and they seem really nice. Takes about 2.5 hours And is easy just follow the video. I have not towed yet but has to make it way better. But I see no point in using the WDH excepts for the sway control.

ClancyO

Reaction score
I just added the timber grove bags and they seem really nice. Takes about 2.5 hours And is easy just follow the video. I have not towed yet but has to make it way better. But I see no point in using the WDH excepts for the sway control.

Not true. Watch this:

The purpose of the wdh is to distribute the weight. They send some weight back to the front axle, keeping your steering and braking in the game. The bags just increase the spring rate to help stop the pogo effect of a heavy load. If you’re towing a heavy load you definitely still want the wdh. And not all of them have sway control..

jvcnova73

Reaction score
Not true. Watch this:

The purpose of the wdh is to distribute the weight. They send some weight back to the front axle, keeping your steering and braking in the game. The bags just increase the spring rate to help stop the pogo effect of a heavy load. If you’re towing a heavy load you definitely still want the wdh. And not all of them have sway control..
Not true. Watch this:

It’s a good video, they never show how to use the bags and the wdh. My experience it’s hard to level everything with the wdh. It comes close but still sags almost 2 inches in the rear(trailer 6400 dry). If I first level it with the bags and then put on the wdh it does nothing. Any suggestions

ClancyO

Reaction score
Pretty sure the truck is suppose to sag 1.5 to 2 inch, hence the rake. Properly configured you should be level. I’m still playing with mine, and my trailer is a car hauler, so weight can vary. 35lbs in the bags seems to be ideal, then configure the hitch. Scaling your rig loaded is the only way to know for sure.

jvcnova73

Reaction score
That’s exactly what I was thinking. When I towed with my last truck(tundra). I ran it around 58 psi to level everything. I’ll try 35 and then hook up the wdh. Thanks unfortunately going to winterize the camper. Guess I’ll find out next yr

Users who are viewing this thread