5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Linkswell 15.6 vs Phoenix 13.6"?

guitarjesus

Reaction score
Leaving out the huge cost difference, if you were upgrading from the 5" basic, which one does closer to the oem 12"?

I've hears the Linkswell is basically a tablet with a canbus setup in it. Is that right?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Leaving out the huge cost difference, if you were upgrading from the 5" basic, which one does closer to the oem 12"?

I've hears the Linkswell is basically a tablet with a canbus setup in it. Is that right?
They both are Android tablets. Basically, the samething, different branding. There are threads on the Phoenix already including my review. I've been extremely happy with mine. I went from the factory 12" UC4 to this. I use it with cellular and never even connect my phone. Does everything the stock system does and much, much more.

guitarjesus

Reaction score
They both are Android tablets. Basically, the samething, different branding. There are threads on the Phoenix already including my review. I've been extremely happy with mine. I went from the factory 12" UC4 to this. I use it with cellular and never even connect my phone. Does everything the stock system does and much, much more.
Like you put a Sim in it? What carrier do you use?

Also, if the Linkswell uses a canbus connection, that is a huge difference though.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Like you put a Sim in it? What carrier do you use?

Also, if the Linkswell uses a canbus connection, that is a huge difference though.
The Phoenix uses a canbus connection too. How do you think it controls all the systems and truck settings?

T-Mobile seems the best carrier. I use AT&T. But I use a hotspot in my truck that it connects to. Only because the hotspot is 5G and I have other devices that use it. But many have had great luck with TM.

guitarjesus

Reaction score
The Phoenix uses a canbus connection too. How do you think it controls all the systems and truck settings?

T-Mobile seems the best carrier. I use AT&T. But I use a hotspot in my truck that it connects to. Only because the hotspot is 5G and I have other devices that use it. But many have had great luck with TM.
I use T-mo. And soon it will connect with Starlink in remote areas...

shawn686

Reaction score
Just a tid bit about the links well.

I have been looking at them and have been talking back and forth to them about screen dark mode. Currently you can not control dark/light mode, it is tethered to the headlights. Headlights off = light mode, headlights on = dark mode. I have no clue how it handles auto mode.

Just FYI if screen brightness is an important thing for you.

Specifically on the 15.6 xl, which I was looking at, the lower control bar and multi function knob at the bottom are basically bright white unless the headlights are on. You can see this in any of their videos.

Shawn

vincentw56

Reaction score
Just a tid bit about the links well.

I have been looking at them and have been talking back and forth to them about screen dark mode. Currently you can not control dark/light mode, it is tethered to the headlights. Headlights off = light mode, headlights on = dark mode. I have no clue how it handles auto mode.

Just FYI if screen brightness is an important thing for you.

Specifically on the 15.6 xl, which I was looking at, the lower control bar and multi function knob at the bottom are basically bright white unless the headlights are on. You can see this in any of their videos.

Shawn
I control dark mode in the Android settings. There are apps too that can help lower brightness beyond the system. I use one because at night it is still too bright.

shawn686

Reaction score
I control dark mode in the Android settings. There are apps too that can help lower brightness beyond the system. I use one because at night it is still too bright.
Are you able to get the lower control bar area and multi function knob to go dark mode?

That was my main issue for these and I was posting what came directly from linkswell.

Shawn

vincentw56

Reaction score
Are you able to get the lower control bar area and multi function knob to go dark mode?

That was my main issue for these and I was posting what came directly from linkswell.

Shawn
If you mean the area where the hvac controls are, yes, it goes dark.

shawn686

Reaction score
If you mean the area where the hvac controls are, yes, it goes dark.
I do, I don't know what the official name for that area is. Thanks That makes it better, that was the biggest reason no to get this for me.

You would think that linkswell people would know that and be able to pass that on. You did more that the employees did. :love:

Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread