5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited steering wheel wood trim

Fatnipples

Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with this wood piece popping off? Mine is not flush, i assume it should be flush into the leather? Mine is very loose at this point from holding it and catching on my ring when turning.

Attachments

• 1EDA356B-9E2D-4308-ACD0-372C5A3A5A7A.jpeg
    1EDA356B-9E2D-4308-ACD0-372C5A3A5A7A.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 168

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have any issues with this wood piece popping off? Mine is not flush, i assume it should be flush into the leather? Mine is very loose at this point from holding it and catching on my ring when turning.

Should be basically flush. Mine is but I have the issue where if you push in on the leather just below that wood piece it squeaks. Of course the dealer duplicated it on another Limited in inventory and told me "it's normal, they all do that." When I suggested that "before the recall, every brake pedal fell off so that's normal?" I just got a blank stare.

Does yours actually pop off?

Fatnipples

Reaction score
Should be basically flush. Mine is but I have the issue where if you push in on the leather just below that wood piece it squeaks. Of course the dealer duplicated it on another Limited in inventory and told me "it's normal, they all do that." When I suggested that "before the recall, every brake pedal fell off so that's normal?" I just got a blank stare.

Does yours actually pop off?

If i try it will pop off no question.

I gotta have them glue it back on I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ny2az

Reaction score
l have a 2020 limited and my steering wheel wood trim at bottom was the same way as the pic above ... l was able with force to press the wood trim into place and it has seated and never came loose again...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For what it’s worth...on my Longhorn wheel, the leather sections are slightly thicker than those wood (or wood-like) sections. Yours looks way loose compared to mine. But it’s possible this is also a Longhorn vs. Limited difference.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If i try it will pop off no question.

I gotta have them glue it back on I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you post a pic of what the back of it looks like? If we can see that maybe we can figure out if it's just not snapped on hard enough or if something else is wrong.

ny2az

Reaction score
For what it’s worth...on my Longhorn wheel, the leather sections are slightly thicker than those wood (or wood-like) sections. Yours looks way loose compared to mine. But it’s possible this is also a Longhorn vs. Limited difference.
only difference should be the color of the wood trim...

Users who are viewing this thread