5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Limited Side Badging - Fill In Lettering

Toby J

Reaction score
I am looking into filling in the limited letters on the side badging in black. Local paint shops and vinyl places says it’s too hard for them to do. Has anyone seen this done before? I see lots of lettering for corvettes and camaros that are made out of metal or some other material that inserts into the bumper lettering. This would be awesome for our limiteds.

1573778675499.png

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am looking into filling in the limited letters on the side badging in black. Local paint shops and vinyl places says it’s too hard for them to do. Has anyone seen this done before? I see lots of lettering for corvettes and camaros that are made out of metal or some other material that inserts into the bumper lettering. This would be awesome for our limiteds.

View attachment 39919
Should be able to plasti dip them easy enough I would think.

barakutha

Reaction score
Just take ‘em all off

513382702d65b7897a48d91fc5e16bb8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2019 Limited 4x4 with ramboxes, no etourque
- Borla cat-back touring with resonator
- 20% ceramic tint all around and pano
- Mostly dechromed and debadged
- Leveled with Daystar spacers and revel links (0.5in rake)
- Nitto ridge grapplers 285/55r22 (34.6x11.7)

Bo3liwe

Reaction score

Attachments

• 20190821_222537.jpg
    20190821_222537.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 125
  • 20190821_222506.jpg
    20190821_222506.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 117

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is exactly what I was looking for!!!

thank you...
Did you go with reflective?
Yep, fast ship, perfect fit. They even sent an extra 'LIMITED' decal in case I screwed up. Each letter comes off separately, so its best to use tweezers to position the letters.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, fast ship, perfect fit. They even sent an extra 'LIMITED' decal in case I screwed up. Each letter comes off separately, so its best to use tweezers to position the letters.
Do you need to an adhesion promoter or just stick them on? What’s the longevity like, how long have you had them on? I like the idea but worry about them peeling off.

LimitedGRR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you need to an adhesion promoter or just stick them on? What’s the longevity like, how long have you had them on? I like the idea but worry about them peeling off.
I've had them on since late July when I first got the truck and they've been perfect. Washes, elements, etc. and look great. I took a little rubbing alcohol to clean the the surface, but other than that just peel and stick. use a finger to create some friction/heat so that the adhesive sticks really well. Being recessed, they miss a lot of the crap flying past the truck as you drive.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 39919
I believe that Rebel Decals on EBAY is working on that. I have talked with him in the past, and am going that rout when he has them out.

Users who are viewing this thread