5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lights going out because of LEDs ???

Bjmillion

Reaction score
I have a 21 bighorn I got some led bulbs for Christmas I installed them and everything has been fun until this week now one of the low beam headlights don’t work as well as one brake and running light and a rear blinker as well. All bulbs are good it’s an electrical issue has anyone dealt with this issue? Thank you.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is PWM at work. The lights are controlled with Pulse Width Modulation, LED's don't like that. The best way is to get AlfaOBD and change the settings for your lights. They should al be set to LED, so the PWM is turned off.

Mopar_maxi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cheap LEDs cause that. I swapped all my bulbs to leds and have had zero issues.

U

User_34235

Agree with the cheap LED bulb comment. What brand of bulbs are they?

Bjmillion

Reaction score
That is PWM at work. The lights are controlled with Pulse Width Modulation, LED's don't like that. The best way is to get AlfaOBD and change the settings for your lights. They should al be set to LED, so the PWM is turned off.
Is it pretty easy to do ? So once it’s switched off my lights will work again? I know I’m going to get pulled over for having lights out.

Users who are viewing this thread