5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lifts without new tires

Remixznflow

Reaction score
Does anyone have any trucks that are 2 to 4" lifted without their tires yet? I'm wanting to see what that looks like. I've been thinking about just leveling or lifting my rig 3.5" without getting new tires but I just cant picture what that would look like.

Thanks in advance.

Rem

John813

Reaction score
@PorBoy Has a pic of his truck lifted 2" with the Mopar setup on stock 32's I believe.

(At least I hope I tagged the right poster lol)

Remixznflow

Reaction score
So good... tires and rims still look ok in the wheel wells... I was concerned they'd look small or odd...

Remixznflow

Reaction score
Local guy quoted me 350.00 without an alignment... Is that a good deal?

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So good... tires and rims still look ok in the wheel wells... I was concerned they'd look small or odd...

It just comes down to your tastes. I felt they looked small BUT, I had planned to replace the rims even before I bought the truck as I just didn’t like the rims Ram offered. I was also able to sell the factory Falken tires for a nice amount to offset costs. I’m still looking to sell the factory rims although there is this nagging feeling that I should hold onto them should I ever want to trade the truck.

Remixznflow

Reaction score
It just comes down to your tastes. I felt they looked small BUT, I had planned to replace the rims even before I bought the truck as I just didn’t like the rims Ram offered. I was also able to sell the factory Falken tires for a nice amount to offset costs. I’m still looking to sell the factory rims although there is this nagging feeling that I should hold onto them should I ever want to trade the truck.

I have the 22 inch rims and I "think" it will be ok... Until I can get the rims and tires I want I figure I'll get this part out of the way. I'll upload the look im going for.

Remixznflow

Reaction score
This is what I'm after.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181010-134500_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181010-134500_Chrome.jpg
    774 KB · Views: 111

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Definitely bigger wheels / tires then my oem 18” wheels lol 0C030BFF-9BBC-4819-9969-71F9CB664747.jpeg EEB2100A-3E51-433A-A449-BE267DDD752F.jpeg

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely bigger wheels / tires then my oem 18” wheels lol View attachment 6550 View attachment 6551
Do you plan on paint matching the bumpers as well? I think I'm going to debadge my doors after seeing yours. I did the tail gate already but was on the fence about the doors, I thought it might be too plain after seeing some darker colors with the doors debadged but the billet silver shows the body lines really well. I noticed you put the black RAM badges on after removing the chrome, was this always your intent or did you think it looked to plain without them?

PorBoy

Reaction score
My theme with this truck as well as my last was always a “ tri “ colored look. In this case it’s Billet silver / black / & chrome. I took off the chrome badges door / grill / tailgate wise as to me it wasn’t flowing for my taste. I wanted something color wise on my doors to match my tint, tonneau, tow hooks, and tailgate emblem. I currently have Borla 5” black tips but have since ordered a Borla Touring exhaust with chrome 5” tips.

I have a set of oem Rebel wheels that I’ll be placing a set of 295/70/ tires on to pair with my Mopar 2” lift. I’m really glad that I went with the Billet silver as depending on the lighting it appears to e darker and that I love.

PorBoy

Reaction score
Once I take off these other wheels, they will be sent out to be powder coated in a “ black chrome “ finish. I actually like these wheels, they just to be need a finished / enhanced look. :)

Users who are viewing this thread