5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lifted Truck Shaking

chaz_andretti

Reaction score
I've noticed that once my truck reaches the speed of 60 mph or higher the steering wheel as well as the truck begins to shake—any idea on what might be the cause of this?
I think I might need new tires and an alignment, but I wanted to see if anyone else ran into the same issue and found a different resolution.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wheels and tires are the place to start. If you have the stock wheels and tires in there in good shape, you could swap them out and see if the problem goes away.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You say lifted truck. Did you add aftermarket wheels and tires as well?

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'd look for a lost wheel weight on the front rims or do a tire rotation to see if there is a change in the vibration

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'd look for a lost wheel weight on the front rims or do a tire rotation to see if there is a change in the vibration
When I bought the truck last year it had a lift with wheels and tires on it already. 35in tires with a 6in lift.
As Scram said check for missing wheel weights. Could rotate tires front to back. If vibration changes, then it's a tire/wheel, either bad balanced or a slipped cord. If it stays in front steering wheel, could be a bad CV joint on front axle.

Users who are viewing this thread