5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lifted 21 needs new front brake lines

fullwatts

Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 21 Laramie 1500 Hemi running 35's on a 6" Zone lift. So far very happy with the ride. The Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires have been outstanding in the North Idaho snow & ice. I need two things and I'm oping that this forum has some ideas. First and by far most important I need to find a set of extended braided front brake lines. The stock lines are too short and need to be replaced ASAP. Any links, or leads would be VERY appreciated. Second thing is a 3/4 inch rear shock spacer. I just need one to level it out in the rear. Seems that this is a known issue with this kit with a few different models of the RAM that the rear of the truck isn't exactly level and RAM made up for this with unequal springs in the stock configuration. When you put exactly equal springs in the rear it sits abut 1 degree off level. Not a hue issue, but I'm told a 3/4 inch spacer will level it out but I'm having a hard time finding one. Any leads also very appreciated.

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
Hey all, I have a 21 Laramie 1500 Hemi running 35's on a 6" Zone lift. So far very happy with the ride. The Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires have been outstanding in the North Idaho snow & ice. I need two things and I'm oping that this forum has some ideas. First and by far most important I need to find a set of extended braided front brake lines. The stock lines are too short and need to be replaced ASAP. Any links, or leads would be VERY appreciated. Second thing is a 3/4 inch rear shock spacer. I just need one to level it out in the rear. Seems that this is a known issue with this kit with a few different models of the RAM that the rear of the truck isn't exactly level and RAM made up for this with unequal springs in the stock configuration. When you put exactly equal springs in the rear it sits abut 1 degree off level. Not a hue issue, but I'm told a 3/4 inch spacer will level it out but I'm having a hard time finding one. Any leads also very appreciated.
I have a '22 BackCountry that came with the ORG....which is supposed to be one inch higher. I installed a 6" ReadyLift kit and the instructions said it would be nose high if they installed the front pre-load spacers. I mentioned that to them before the install and got the "we'll know more when we have all the parts layed out"..... They installed the front spacers and it was nose high. When it went back for the "bolt check".....they installed these to raise the rear 3/4":

Daystar KJ09192BK 3/4" Rear Comfort Ride Spacer Lift Kit

Apparently, they're made for the new Jeeps...with the same rear.

As far as brake lines....I have no issue.

Linejunk32

Reaction score
Can you post pictures of your truck? Getting a 6” zone kit installed as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fullwatts

Reaction score
I have a '22 BackCountry that came with the ORG....which is supposed to be one inch higher. I installed a 6" ReadyLift kit and the instructions said it would be nose high if they installed the front pre-load spacers. I mentioned that to them before the install and got the "we'll know more when we have all the parts layed out"..... They installed the front spacers and it was nose high. When it went back for the "bolt check".....they installed these to raise the rear 3/4":

Daystar KJ09192BK 3/4" Rear Comfort Ride Spacer Lift Kit

Apparently, they're made for the new Jeeps...with the same rear.

As far as brake lines....I have no issue.
Thanks for the product. I will send the link to my mechanic and see if they think this will do the trick. Appreciate you took the time to respond.

BackCountryinNJ

banned at member request but still lurking
Reaction score
Thanks for the product. I will send the link to my mechanic and see if they think this will do the trick. Appreciate you took the time to respond.
Here's a pic of mine after the 3/4" Daystar rear spacers were installed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230202-072427.jpg
    Screenshot_20230202-072427.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 26

Users who are viewing this thread