5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lift for rear Bilstein 5100s question

Adjutant

Reaction score
OK....Ive searched here, and the interwebs, but cant find definitive info on whether or not the rear bilstein 5100s add lift.
Reason being, I want to do the full set, with fronts set to 2.6". I dont want to end up nose high on the truck.

Would I need to add Eibach (or comparable) springs to the rear?

mplaramie

Reaction score
OK....Ive searched here, and the interwebs, but cant find definitive info on whether or not the rear bilstein 5100s add lift.
Reason being, I want to do the full set, with fronts set to 2.6". I dont want to end up nose high on the truck.

The 5100 have more travel than stock. A spring or spacer will provide the lift.

Depending on how you use your Ram will determine the best rear spring. I have had great luck with Icon. They are dual rate progressive springs and provide about 1.5" of lift. Have an extra set cheap if it helps since I'm trading in my Ram.

Attachments

• 20231025_192842.jpg
    20231025_192842.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20231025_192617.jpg
    20231025_192617.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 35

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just the Bilsteins in the rear aren’t going to add any lift unless you go with a longer spring or spacer… and i suggest sticking with the same manufacture when it comes to mixing and matching struts/springs since they’re going to use their own products for the r&d.

B12 springs 53-297839

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Shocks do not add lift, springs do. The taller the spring, the longer the shock needed.

Best case is to measure the difference from front to back and see if you’ll be higher up front with the 2.6 level. It will settle a bit, but not much. Good luck👍

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely grab the Bilstein rear coils and set front to max. That is basically the 4th Gen 2" Mopar lift and rides and sits great! Ran it on my 17, before I swapped for Superlift 6" :ROFLMAO:

Saddlerocker

Reaction score
On the off chance you are near PA.
I have a full set of Bilstein front adjustable 5100s and 1" lift rear B12 springs with the rear 0-2" B8 shocks for sale.
Brand new in box. Priced to move.
I have an post in the WTB/WTS/WTT area.

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
The 5100 have more travel than stock. A spring or spacer will provide the lift.

Depending on how you use your Ram will determine the best rear spring. I have had great luck with Icon. They are dual rate progressive springs and provide about 1.5" of lift. Have an extra set cheap if it helps since I'm trading in my Ram.
Why are you trading it?

mplaramie

Reaction score
Why are you trading it?
I had a 2019 Big Horn and wanted a 23 Laramie. At the time I bought the 23, it was early in production and they only had black or white on the lots in the Night Edition. I wanted Granite Crystal..... So now, I am ordering the 24 in the color I want with all the options I want. Dream truck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread