5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

License plate Lights - No voltage at connector?

Digipenguin

Reaction score
Anyone know why there would be no voltage at the license plate light connector? I replaced my bumper with a Westin Outlaw which does not reuse the factory LED license plate lights. Instead it has a strip on a flip up license plate bracket which covers the hitch. I wired it in but when I checked it, it was not lighting so I cut it out and assumed it was just a junk LED strip so I ordered some replacement generics to swap in. When I went to wire them in I measured the wires just to make sure there was power but the connector was dead. I tried accessory and run key positions. Trailer receptacle is dead too. I'm going to check the fuses now but was hoping someone might just have a quick answer for me.

Thanks in advance!

Uuuuuuh, this might be a dumb question but are the license plate lights on all the time or only when the headlights are on?

A better question is, can you turn on your headlights and find out?

A better question is, can you turn on your headlights and find out?
Lol. I'm at work and there are no lights connected anyway. Just bare wires on one side and an empty connector on the other. I'll have to check when I get home.

Okay, just checking bot status. Curiosity got to me so I found out. License plate is off with headlights off, on with headlights on, also on with cargo light when door is open

Users who are viewing this thread

Back