5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lengthy repairs and loaner cars

Mommanord14

Reaction score
My two cents worth. My truck has been in the shop since February 11. Was given a loaner which I am glad about, but you have a truck for a reason most times. I had to borrow a truck to get my livestock feed since the loaner, a Honda Civic would not handle all the feed. So I am thankful for the loaner, didnt help for what i need a truck for.

n8zcc

Reaction score
After the first day, then up to 5 days.
That isn't how the MAXCare plan covers a rental, at least not my experience. I've been provided a rental on signal day service as well as overnight service.

"FIRST DAY RENTAL: First Day Rental Allowance provides up to $35.00 car rental allowance if the Vehicle is to be serviced for any mechanical repair or maintenance service. Please note: Excludes rental for bodywork to the exterior sheet metal/composite panel or collision repairs.
RENTAL ALLOWANCE: Rental Allowance will pay up to $35.00 per day for a rental any time repairs take overnight, and a component covered by the Plan or the manufacturer’s Basic or Powertrain Warranty fails."

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My two cents worth. My truck has been in the shop since February 11. Was given a loaner which I am glad about, but you have a truck for a reason most times. I had to borrow a truck to get my livestock feed since the loaner, a Honda Civic would not handle all the feed. So I am thankful for the loaner, didnt help for what i need a truck for.
But I want to see pictures of a pallet in the civic, or even a Ridgeline for that matter

eye exaggerate

Reaction score
My 19 Laramie has had 13 (going on 14) issues and I had a vehicle to use. The last time was for my heater core and that was on backorder. So, I drove a new 21 wrangler for a 2-3 weeks. It was nice that I could get around, but I own a design build company. With the timeframe for the part “undetermined” I asked the sales manager if I should eat the cost of deliveries or pass that on to my clients, he said it was inappropriate to ask such a question. lol, inappropriate is that at 2 weeks into owning it the vehicle has a list of 13 items to repair and 6 trips to the dealership. They did the heater core but now I have no power / lights to usbs and CD player - I have to go back yet again.

UncaBuddha

Reaction score
Well, I got the truck back! It was a supply chain issue that a nice lady named Clarice from corporate resolved. Turbo intercooler was gunked up so they replaced it. I never could find out where the oil leak was...
Lesson learned to use RamCares. Don't wait. They are the only folks that seemed to care.

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I got the truck back! It was a supply chain issue that a nice lady named Clarice from corporate resolved. Turbo intercooler was gunked up so they replaced it. I never could find out where the oil leak was...
Lesson learned to use RamCares. Don't wait. They are the only folks that seemed to care.
Mmm Clarice, was she good with fava beans? 😲

Users who are viewing this thread