5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Led reverse light bar wiring question

pbclax1

Reaction score
I can’t seem to find the answer I’m looking for even though it’s probably pretty straight forward. I am going to use the curt harness to wire these to come on when the reverse lights come on. How do I additionally wire them so I can turn them on/off manually using a homelink button? Do I just run another wire right off the harness connection to the wireless transmitter that the homelink reads?

brawler1588

Reaction score
That sounds right, I tapped into the power wire and ran it to my wireless transmitter with a posi-tap so it seems like the same concept with the home link. I just went wireless so I had the option to turn on while out of the truck.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

pbclax1

Reaction score
That sounds right, I tapped into the power wire and ran it to my wireless transmitter with a posi-tap so it seems like the same concept with the home link. I just went wireless so I had the option to turn on while out of the truck.

Where I splice into the curt harness, just tap into the power wire coming off the lights and go to the transmitter?

brawler1588

Reaction score
Your reverse hot wire

brawler1588

Reaction score
Yeah I think that's what I did, I did it a few months back for my tailgate lights and backup lights.

Users who are viewing this thread