5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LED light on auto stop button

Reaction score
2021 ram 1500 limited longhorn. The led light hasn't worked since I bought it new. The auto stop function works fine. The dealer replaced the module and the led light still didn't work. They checked several new trucks on the lot and all had the same problem. Has anyone had this happen and if so how was it fixed.

I thought the s/s LED was deleted on '21s? I think there's a thread on here somewhere about it.

The LED is there, it's just not active on a lot of the 2021 models for some reason. I thought they deleted it too but I looked more closely at the button and I see it's there on the lower right edge of the button. I actually prefer it to not light up because I keep start/stop disabled with an autostop eliminator. It's nice not having that lit up all the time.

start_stop button.jpg

Likewise . . . . there is already another thread about this one would have found using the search function.

May 2021 build. Mine lights up amber.

No Led on the 21s. It on the Instrument cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No Led on the 21s. It on the Instrument cluster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apparently you missed the picture 2 posts above yours, showing the LED on my 2021 Limited. The LED is there, it just doesn't light up. It's in the same position on the switch that was in my 2020 Laramie, which did light up. There is also no indication on my gauge cluster when it's active or inactive.

Apparently you missed the picture 2 posts above yours, showing the LED on my 2021 Limited. The LED is there, it just doesn't light up. It's in the same position on the switch that was in my 2020 Laramie, which did light up. There is also no indication on my gauge cluster when it's active or inactive.
I have the same, and the previous owner shut that function off (Thank Goodness!) - so I get no lights or dash indicators at all... and I'm just fine with that. Stupidest feature ever.

(having been driving for almost 40 years, I'd been trained early-on that when the engine shuts off at the intersection, you're probably going to be pushing that car - freaked me right the Hell out the first time I experienced that in the rental car a few years ago)

Probably more accurate to say the plastic window is still molded into the button. I'd be willing to bet if you took the switch apart the actual LED is missing. Probably an early victim of the chip shortage (or simply a cost cutting measure they figured nobody would care about).

Probably more accurate to say the plastic window is still molded into the button. I'd be willing to bet if you took the switch apart the actual LED is missing. Probably an early victim of the chip shortage (or simply a cost cutting measure they figured nobody would care about).
Speculating is fun isn't it? :ROFLMAO:

Is there a TSB for that?
I pulled this out of the thread that you provided a link to in post #6 of this thread...

3827 service bulletin 18-048-21 18-19-06-EB Module, Powertrain Control (PCM) Reprogram current part number 68502742AC to targeted part number 68502742AD

When you start the truck. All lights come on for a second down at the gear selector. The auto off button dose not light up. Idk when they stopped it but it’s gone. During test drive I asked and they said the light is not there anymore. Also to view it in the gauge cluster you have to scroll to it. Sorry its not just a light. Should have explained better.

My build date is 10/20. 2021 model.
21855cee2443746ee9e7de088e549428.jpg

They are supposed to put out a fix for it under STAR complaints .. plenty at the dealership .. STAR even said they will not cover the cost ift he dealer replaces it .. so once on update is pushed out, it will start working again ..

aka

like Windows -- fix one thing and break something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back